Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2008, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
Now that's not strictly true Shona, Dougie and I had a very amicable conversation this morning, he did say the poly balls are good at retaining heat, however they're out of date, the new material is very similar to EPS only it's not granular it looks like cotton wool, I said, "but dougie I like stuffing things", he said, "go stuff yourself", so yes I'm gratefull he dropped by but what am I gonna do with the balls I've ordered.

Suggestions please.
call them tell them you have now arranged for some one qualified to do it to come in, they dont want the polly balls and that you need to cancel the order, or email them, or sell them to a gardener,,,,
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
call them tell them you have now arranged for some one qualified to do it to come in, they dont want the polly balls and that you need to cancel the order, or email them, or sell them to a gardener,,,,
Err, anyone friendly with Allan Titchmarch.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Err, anyone friendly with Allan Titchmarch.
just cancel the order, gawd if you dont want to do it pm me the details I will call em
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2008, 08:05 PM
Now that's not strictly true Shona, Dougie and I had a very amicable conversation this morning, he did say the poly balls are good at retaining heat, however they're out of date, the new material is very similar to EPS only it's not granular it looks like cotton wool, I said, "but dougie I like stuffing things", he said, "go stuff yourself", so yes I'm gratefull he dropped by but what am I gonna do with the balls I've ordered.

Suggestions please.
Class!!!!!

As for suggestions,I'm sure Fay will show you,xxxxxxxx

Cheers Dougie,no more,:bl ush:I hope,xxxxxxxxx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2008, 02:52 PM
Job done today,, thank god, no more balls floating round the area,,, your dad's started his new project I believe,,, hes putting sky lights in the garage roof,

terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Job done today,, thank god, no more balls floating round the area,,, your dad's started his new project I believe,,, hes putting sky lights in the garage roof,

You know, when I saw the met office satelite pics that showed lots of white stuff over Scotland I thought of Nero and wondered if for once the Met office could be fooled.... and it wasn't snow but polystyrene balls that had escaped during dodgey cavity wall filling operations!
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2008, 03:10 PM

I'm gonna die laughing,xxxxxx

Tried phoning him but he's slinging me a deefy could it be that he's swinging from the roof as we speak, xxxxxx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
I'm gonna die laughing,xxxxxx

Tried phoning him but he's slinging me a deefy could it be that he's swinging from the roof as we speak, xxxxxx
Im just trying to picture the face on the chap he calls re : skylights,, coversation going,,,like this,,

{nero} "erm hallo, im fitting skylights to the garage roof,,,can you help me?"

{wee man that sells skylights} Yes sir, what size do you need?"

{nero} " well about a size 9"

{wee man} "Sorry Sir a size 9? do you mean 9' sir? "

{nero} Naw no 9' a size 9! and what shapes do they come in?"

{wee man} "well sir we do round ones, square ones, rectangular ones, a variety of shapes sir, what shape where you thinking of?"

{nero} "this shape! size 9 like I said"

{wee man} click.........................................dead phone line,

{nero}" HULO !HULO!",, "Fay that phone has started playing up again,,,lines went dead,"

boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Im just trying to picture the face on the chap he calls re : skylights,, coversation going,,,like this,,

{nero} "erm hallo, im fitting skylights to the garage roof,,,can you help me?"

{wee man that sells skylights} Yes sir, what size do you need?"

{nero} " well about a size 9"

{wee man} "Sorry Sir a size 9? do you mean 9' sir? "

{nero} Naw no 9' a size 9! and what shapes do they come in?"

{wee man} "well sir we do round ones, square ones, rectangular ones, a variety of shapes sir, what shape where you thinking of?"

{nero} "this shape! size 9 like I said"

{wee man} click.........................................dead phone line,

{nero}" HULO !HULO!",, "Fay that phone has started playing up again,,,lines went dead,"

Your priceless,I'm having a massive seizure,gonna die laughing here,xxxxxxxxx
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Yep, jobs done Dougie had a great idea today, he said, Denis yer garage is awful dark even with the door wide open.
I said, yes it is but I've got 3 huge strip lights in there. He then said, "why don't you fit a skylight ?".
I said, "great idea Dougie", so I went up on the roof and put my foot through the end roof sheet ,
What a difference , I got a sheet of clear roof perspex and fitted it, it's right above my workbench so no more wasting electricity during daylight hours

Anyways, the house is a lot warmer, even with a chilly wind tonight, must remember to turn down the boiler from now on.
Page 8 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >