Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2012, 09:39 PM
Flamingos at the lake - record numbers this year - thousands of 'em. Beautiful

WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Sadly nothing really spectacular like some of these amazing photos.. its quite flat and standard around here.

My favourite walks are ones where I see some people and dogs but not too many, nice views and big circular routes (hate back tracking).
I like spring and summer best, and places with variety like bracken, long grass, meadows, ponds, molehills, trees etc.
I have a local recreation ground which is a bit rubbish in the interest department but it is practical as there and Horton are the only ones I don't have to drive to.

I don't have a specific favourite I like variety and I like to explore. I take my phone and pin point my car park then just use the map to naviagte back to the car in a new spot when I inevitably get lost

There are some quite nice places round here like the royal parks (bushey and richmond park).
Bushey:

A reasonably big but fairly boring park (Nonsuch):

Richmond:

Buster (sosha) showing off Richmond

There is a reasonable spot (Horton) which is my most rural walk (it's a country park).

Then there are some lovely woods but Kestral can't be trusted in the very wooded areas!

I think after that long list its clear I dont have an actual favourite. If I were forced to pick it would be Richmond but it is the furthest drive (about 20mins).
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2012, 09:42 PM
How it looks when the water starts to evaporate before it dries up in summer - I just never get tired of this place and am so lucky to have it just at the end of my road. It changes in appearance all year round

Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2012, 09:44 PM
Whichpets I love that photo of your dog reflected in the water. Wonderful.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by scout75 View Post
Moobli, your pics make me miss Scotland.

Can't you stick a mobile home on your land and keep me there as your pet or something??
Awww! I wish I could I will keep my ears and eyes peeled for work for you Cottages to rent are pretty cheap up here (especially the more remote ones), so you might not need a live-in job My MIL rented a farm cottage a few miles up the road from me and it was only £200 pcm.

This is where she stayed

Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2012, 09:51 PM
Great photos Tangutica - so different from anything we have here in the UK.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2012, 09:53 PM
More fab photos, WhichPets. It goes to show that there are plenty of green and open spaces in London

My dad was horrified when I moved to London (SE) and then talked about getting a GSD! lol I am sure he thought I was going to exercise him around Covent Garden
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2012, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Whichpets I love that photo of your dog reflected in the water. Wonderful.
Thanks Your shots are great, must be lovely to live somewhere so warm and beautiful!

Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
More fab photos, WhichPets. It goes to show that there are plenty of green and open spaces in London

My dad was horrified when I moved to London (SE) and then talked about getting a GSD! lol I am sure he thought I was going to exercise him around Covent Garden
Thanks, got a bit carried away there scrolling through my entire photobucket account!
There are some nice places considering how built up most of it is...I am desperate to get somewhere a little less busy at some point though! Everyones pictures make me so jealous
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2012, 10:05 PM
ours have changed over the years, as the kids have arrived we have had to change to accessible to buggy/baby walks too. But for us our favourites are always somewhere that Bruno can be let off lead, so its weekends for us and discovering new places and also enjoying old ones. Most are just fields where we can see all around and know we can let the wee munchkin off for a blast so he can do this face

cos its whats he loves most !!

field is also excellent in winter

recently revisited Arthur Seat in Edinburgh which we first did with Bruno not long after we got him :
We rarely go as its very busy with dogs

and now

Pentlands are good too

we also love Hopetoun house as usually pretty quiet

and has a little beach alongside

but for us the most spectacular walks and probably in all the years that we have had Bruno were last summer in Outer Hebrides from the point of view that Bruno was free all the time as the beaches are deserted,

and for Bruno its bliss

as you can see

Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-02-2012, 08:32 AM
Lovely lovely photos everyone, isnt it great to see all those dogs having fun in such beautiful places

I am really lucky having loads of farmland on my door step, and the Suisse Normand part of Normandy has some really stunning countryside. But I think my favorite walk is up at one of the beaches, usually I go with friends and their dogs and we make a day of it, obviously we cant go in the high season as dogs arent allowed on most beaches, but spring and autmun is ours we usually take a picnic lunch with us or occaisionly we will pop in to a cafe for something warm if its in winter

Merville Franceville beach this Feb

We always stop for a hot chocolate half way through the walk

Lunch time on a cold day

This is Bo and Culotte on one of our top fields

Grey and Culotte in the top field

I love all the walks that I do but yep I think the beach wins the prize for most loved walk
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >