Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2012, 07:27 AM

Toileting issues

Hi,

Recently, although house tranied Koda has started to pee in the living room and in his crate again. In the crate I'm not too bothered about but in the living romo I have a solid wooden floor and cannot afford to replace it, even in part if it starts to lift.

This morning, I didn't let him out in time. I fully acknowledge that this is my fault but I was only half an hour later than usual in getting up. Surely a dog of 9 months should be able to hold himself for an extra 30 mins?

But this morning it wasn't like a normal pee on the floor. He did one and started another straight away. As I couldn't get to both quickly enough with the mop I used paper t put down but each time I started to mop Koda would pee again, on a different area of the floor. I now have the whole area almost covered in newspaper and kitchen roll to soak up most of it as it would stay too wet for too ,long with the mop.

Please does anyione have an ideas? I need to fix this today. I am at the moment on the verge of sending him back to his breeder.

Thanx in advance.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2012, 08:06 AM
Rule out the obvious first of all. Vet check to rule out infection.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2012, 08:12 AM
Thanks - I did this a couple of weeks ago when he did it again over and over. Do you thknk I should take him again? At the moment he's fasdt approachign the point of living outside, which he doesn't cope well with; but I can't have him destroying my home.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2012, 08:16 AM
Did you take a urine sample to be tested? If not, ring your vet, explain and ask if this would be a good idea
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2012, 08:18 AM
I did do yes and there was no infeection. But it was a coupel of weeks ago. Could he have picked up one since then you think?

I'll call the vet tomorrow anyway just to be sure.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2012, 08:20 AM
I certainly would have Koda checked out again by the vet. Pups can have accidents inside, but this sounds more of an accident and more like at urinary tract infection.
I apologise if I'm stating the obvious to you, but I assume you are remembering to wipe the floor where he has been with "wee-away" or one of the products that removes the ammonia, otherwise he will just keep on going in his crate and lounge floor
Hopefully you will get it sorted quickly as I can imagine how trying it is
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2012, 08:24 AM
Oooooooh! Sorry, I should have read your 'profile page' before I suggested using 'wee-away' .......... I think the phrase "teaching granny to suck eggs" comes to my mind!!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2012, 08:28 AM
Considering his age and gender - do you think he is marking?
Raz is entire and occasionally still marks. Particularly when I wash a throw or put something new in `his` room. When he has, it becomes a widdling place, so I have to scrub the area and put something to make him avoid that place - a waterbowl is usually easiest.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2012, 08:44 AM
1 Is he squatting or cocking?
2 Is he cold? This can trigger urination
3 Ensure the vet explores possible prostate gland issues which, IME, is often overlooked in young dogs.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Sorry to hear this is still proving a challenge I do hope you manage to get it sorted.

I definitely think a vet check should be the first port of call, and also going right back to basics with his housetraining.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »