Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-07-2008, 04:14 PM

Apparently, it's not pancreatitis

Well, the vet got the first of Snorri-dog's blood tests back yesterday. This is not good. 35 tests were done, apparently, and all results "give cause for concern", and his liver and kidneys are overworking.

My thoughts are that this is the result of his 7 years on phenobarb, but the vet is having more tests done before she rules it in or out.

One way or another, we have one very sick little dog on our hands, and he won't eat anything, either, we've spent a fortune on fat-free foods for him, but nothing seems to tempt him (cod, chicken, tuna, smoked haddock, lamb liver - no thanks!). He has lost 2 kilos and spends most of his time sleeping.

I am almost out of my mind about him, so please excuse me if I post rubbish! (or more than usual).

Snorri
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2008, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
Well, the vet got the first of Snorri-dog's blood tests back yesterday. This is not good. 35 tests were done, apparently, and all results "give cause for concern", and his liver and kidneys are overworking.

My thoughts are that this is the result of his 7 years on phenobarb, but the vet is having more tests done before she rules it in or out.

One way or another, we have one very sick little dog on our hands, and he won't eat anything, either, we've spent a fortune on fat-free foods for him, but nothing seems to tempt him (cod, chicken, tuna, smoked haddock, lamb liver - no thanks!). He has lost 2 kilos and spends most of his time sleeping.

I am almost out of my mind about him, so please excuse me if I post rubbish! (or more than usual).

Snorri
So sorry to hear this Snorri. Hope they get to the bottom of things soon. xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Oh Snorri Just some ((((((((((hugs))))))))))xxxxxxxxxxx
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-07-2008, 04:39 PM
Thank you

Snorri
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2008, 04:41 PM
Oh hon, I'm so sorry to hear this. Our old'uns give us such cause to worry, don't they. If only you could get him to eat a little......

Hugs D, here for you if you need me xxx
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-07-2008, 05:28 PM
He has just eaten 2 slices (40 gm) of Honey Roast Turkey, but that's all. Kali is getting fed up of all the nice things which he isn't getting, and his brother won't eat them, despite the alluring smells

Snorri
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2008, 05:35 PM
oh hun so sorry to hear this really hope it gets sorted soon, hugs to you both will keep every thing crossed that there is an improvment soon, pleased had a small bit to eat much better than nothing. good luck hun keep us informed. xxx hugs
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2008, 05:51 PM
I am so sorry to hear your news. I hope your vet comes up with whats wrong and gets it sorted, healing vibes and gentle (((((hugs))))))) being sent. Doea your vet have a small tin of A/D which you can liquidise at least that will be something to tied him over.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2008, 05:57 PM
sorry to hear this snorri. give him hugs from us
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-07-2008, 06:13 PM
So sorry he is poorly. Hope that the vet can get it all sorted out for him soon.
((Hugs))
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »