Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2013, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
Hi, wondered how you and the gang were doing, nice to see you back, but you have been busy Do you have a 12 month or 12 year old foster child at the mo? that must be exciting either way
Yay hello you, have thought about you alot lately, we have a 14 year old boy, it was a 12 month diploma followed by a degree .... yep life is good, doing loads and loads, plus had a pension which I knew nothing about so that was a bonus in the pay lol
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Fantastic! I did my degree as a mature student...finshed at 30 but that's mature still apparently! I shared a house with another mature student I met on the course and she has gone on to be a social worker. She like you, started with just dabbling her toe in the water, did a couple of GCSE's, then an access course, then the same degree as mine and then on to do her social work qualifications....she said she was always surprised when she wanted to do more!
I must be overly mature then completing at 60, but your never too old its lovely to know you still have the old grey matter working lol
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Someone asked after you only a few days ago ... your ears must have been burning

Congratulations on all your qualifications and sorry to hear about your cats but as you say they remained together in life and death.

Its great to see you back.
awwwww thats nice, dogs are fine all in tip top condition, Tess did slice off a pad a few months back which had to be stitched and dressed for a few weeks, how she did it is a mystery but she was a real soldier
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2013, 04:48 PM
I never met you but it sounds like you were a well worth member of the forum. I hope now after all your success that you will be back amongst the fold from now on. Welcome back.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2013, 05:02 PM
Ah I see, trust me to muddle it up, that was a bonus then, I take it that's how you got the house done up Fantastic, nice to see the gooduns getting a little break for a change
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2013, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Steph its lovely to see you back and my goodness you have been busy.
Congratulations on gaining all those qualifications. You really deserve them though as you have always been so dedicated and I have always admired what you have done for your foster children even though it was very difficult at times.

Sorry to hear about your young cats but glad the oldies are ok. Would love to see a pic of the posh looking dogs .

I am finally moving from this awful place. Should all hopefully happen in the next couple of weeks. I can't wait.
I am downsizing to a 2 bed house but it has lovely big gsrdens overlooking lovely views and is not overlooked in a very quiet area, in fact only 20 yrds from where I was bought up, so I know it well.
My other big news is Charly got married to a wonderful man and is now living in Pirbright Surrey. .

Sad news is I lost Kyiro, he had a massive stroke and died within 2 hrs of it. But Lily is doing well on her own and still working reguarly with me round the shows promoting greyhounds as pets. She has been diagnosed with Kidney failure and has her other health problems but is doing well considering.

Hope your going to stick around a bit more Steph.
Hiya...so sorry your life has been mixed with all kinds of emotions hun, I know how hard it is losing a loved one, RIP Kyiro xx....so very happy that you are moving I hope you will be very happy and congratulations to Charlie and her new hubby xx
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Hello Steph.
Congratulations on the qualifications and sorry to hear about the cats.
Hi Lynn sad about the boys as they only reached 10 months and it was doubled for us, but the old'uns are going strong, Bumble is now 22 yrs...very old even for a cat, she is on a special diet and has vet checks, but she knows when its meal time and defo lets us know
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Lovely to see this update from you. Sorry to hear about your cats. Well done on the qualification providing further proof that some of us 'old uns' still have it in us! It's marvellous you decided to go for it without any 'requirement' to do so.

You DO sound as if you have had a full and busy life in your absence from here.
My life is always so full its hard keeping up sometimes I got told by the Doctor recently to 'ease up' as a blood test came back with a very low vitamin D (which I have tablets for now) as my joints were giving cause of concern (thankfully I feel alot better now) ''ease up'' I said ''its keeping busy that keeps me going'' He burst out laughing and said ''why do I believe that''
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hello Stephanie welcome back...
Hi Mini lovely to know your still about hope things are going well for you
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Hi YS, have wondered what happened to you, fantastic you've done all the qualifications. You so deserve the success as you have always worked so hard and done so vey much for all the kids you have fostered.
Thanks hun, hopefully we make a difference, I cried when our last one went as we had him for 4 years and I was heart broken, but he did go back for a while to his Mom....although it didn't work out I believe The lad we have now is bigger than me in a size 11 shoe at 14 years he wants to join the police so if he keeps trying hard with his schooling (not been brilliant in the past) he may just make it....at least he has a goal now to aim for
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Hello You.......welcome back
Hellllllo You, lovely to speak to you the other day and Bella is stunning BTW...congratulations
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Hi Steph Welcome home
Nice to be HOME hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Gosh I was asking after you the other day

Welcome back YS! I am sorry to hear about your cats, what a shame, RIP boys. Well done on getting your qualifications though!

I've been busy as usual, still working on the degree, busy with cadets as usual, doing a 10k run for Poppy Scotland in a month, about to tackle the Munros. We have gained two bearded dragons, we have called them George and Lenny... and several crickets for said bearded dragon.

Glad to see you back
DO the Degree, its so satisfying in the end bearded dragons nice xxx last time I had dealings with lizards (my youngest son's) I came home to find them running up the curtains...can not say they were my favourite pet
Originally Posted by Moli View Post
Good to see you back........
Thanks Moli, hope all is well with you xxxxxxxxxxx
Originally Posted by Darcy Boy View Post
Congratulations on your qualifications, it must take a lot of patience to foster but very rewarding I should think.

Sorry about your cats, I know how upsetting it is.
Aw thanks hunm yes very upsetting hahahaha I never class myself as patient yet other people say I am funnily enough I do prefer the teenagers to toddlers, even if some teenagers are lippy and abusive but we reach an understanding in the end, thats the main thing
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Good on ya Youngstevie - I tell my docs 'I will sleep when I'm dead thank you'! One once said they would suggest YOGA but guessed I'd say I had no time to fit that in lol!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by Labrador Lover View Post
I never met you but it sounds like you were a well worth member of the forum. I hope now after all your success that you will be back amongst the fold from now on. Welcome back.
THANK YOU I was always on here between doing everything else....Im the mad lady with 3 Border Collies and a Jack Russell (there used to be 4 Border Collies but sadly Reah is now at Rainbow bridge) and we have chickens, a rabbit and guineapig.....
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
Ah I see, trust me to muddle it up, that was a bonus then, I take it that's how you got the house done up Fantastic, nice to see the gooduns getting a little break for a change
Yep have to say it came as a shock, but its been good paying off debts steadily and obviously changing over to Local Authority Im on weekly pay now instead, so thats much easier
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Good on ya Youngstevie - I tell my docs 'I will sleep when I'm dead thank you'! One once said they would suggest YOGA but guessed I'd say I had no time to fit that in lol!
YOGA!! wouldn't have the time Im up at 6 and on the go the whole day till bed ... I think thats why Border Collies and JRT's like it here we're always busy busy busy
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2013, 02:28 PM
I've been away for a while too..
Sorry about your pussy cats.. My silly Bengal got herself hit by a car, she was lucky ttho

Now didn't you have a pony too?
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2013, 03:52 PM
Hi Steph, lovely to read all your news (but not the sad bits).....you really have been busy and well done with all your new qualifications.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Welcome back, its nice to see some of the oldies popping in again !
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
I've been away for a while too..
Sorry about your pussy cats.. My silly Bengal got herself hit by a car, she was lucky ttho

Now didn't you have a pony too?
so glad your Bengal was one of the lucky ones yes I had 2 and a ex race horse, unfortunately I finally came to the decision that there hust wasn't enough time in a day, plus having several phone calls a day to ask me into the school where our 'then' foster son was to get him back on track, it was taking half a day between the two....then having to walk the dogs too.....so a friend of mine had the 2 ponies and they are fine (thankfully) and the ex race horse went back to the ex racing stables where he went to a retirement home and is doing very well Broke my heart to see Jimmychoo2feathers go but he is better off now as my friend has all day to dedicate
Originally Posted by Gellygoo View Post
Hi Steph, lovely to read all your news (but not the sad bits).....you really have been busy and well done with all your new qualifications.
Awww cheers hun thanks, just enjoying life now, did a 3 hour walk today with the dogs over fields, it was raining but you know what I really enjoyed it.....so did they
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Welcome back, its nice to see some of the oldies popping in again !
Thanks mate.......lovely to see the Dogsey oldies too.....looks like there are a fair few newbies too
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >