View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-01-2013, 03:40 PM
Good to hear at least this part of is over for her and all went well,that will be a load off your mind. I hope she gets home tomorrow to start the gradual road to a full recovery, you will manage fine. Lots of healing vibes sent for her
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-01-2013, 03:42 PM
Good to hear the op went well Fingers crossed Molly will be home tomorrow
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

18-01-2013, 03:56 PM
Very reassuring to hear that the surgery went well - everything crossed here that Molly will be home tomorrow and that her convalescence goes well.

(((hugs))) xx
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Great news that she has gone through the op successfully, and with luck she will be back with you tomorrow.

The vet will tell you exactly what to avoid with her, and it will mean careful watching for a while which initially is very stressful but before long becomes habit. The main thing is to stop any form of jumping up or climbing steps or stairs, or playing with toys that might result in her twisting on that leg.

Make sure that you have a lampshade too, to protect those stitches!
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2013, 08:51 PM
Glad that the first bit is over and went well. Hope she's home tomorrow and continues to make a good recovery
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Great news that she has gone through the op successfully, and with luck she will be back with you tomorrow.

The vet will tell you exactly what to avoid with her, and it will mean careful watching for a while which initially is very stressful but before long becomes habit. The main thing is to stop any form of jumping up or climbing steps or stairs, or playing with toys that might result in her twisting on that leg.

Make sure that you have a lampshade too, to protect those stitches!
It's bringing all back with Roxy and her leg when she had the tumour removal and skin flap done - it was imperative that she used her leg as less as possible.

It all feels a bit more delicate though because the functioning of the leg and bones are involved this time.

I bought a soft recovery collar for Roxy last year and gave that to the Vet School yesterday, so that's what she'll be using.

Thanks again for all the advice - really helpful.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2013, 10:41 AM
Collecting Molly at 12.15 today!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2013, 10:52 AM
Thats great news .
I can remember clearly getting that call to collect Shady after her cruciate op. I was so pleased to be getting her home but at the same time nervous. Shady being Shady though had to be sedated at home for the following 6 weeks in her crate because they had never sen a dog as nutty as her before. I am sure Molly will be nothing like Shady though and do lots of resting and be a good girl.
Good luck the hard work starts now.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2013, 03:07 PM
That's how I feel Bev, delighted to have her home but worried everytime she moves. I don't suppose I can stop her moving to get comfy but I'm a bit paranoid about it!

Apparently she wouldn't eat for anyone at the GUVS today, even though she did yesterday - I think she was just thoroughly miffed at them! Since she has been home she's had a big bowl of chicken though and is quite settled.

Back to my ownvets in 12 - 14 days to have the staples out and back to the Cruciate Clinic at the GUVS in 6 weeks for x-rays to see how she's healing then we'll see where go from there regarding rehabilitation and exercise.

She has to have Metacam for 3 weeks and antibiotics for 2 weeks.

Amazingly she is now walking on that leg - I was more shocked than they were but they said she had the best type of operation for that problem and they can weight bear almost immediately afterwards. Although strict rest for the next 6 weeks is crucial, no jumping etc and just toileting on lead only, 2 - 4 times a day for a maximum of 5 - 10 minutes.

Here's hoping her recovery goes smoothly.

Thanks again for all the advice and well wishes.
Meg
Supervisor

19-01-2013, 03:53 PM
Nicola is great news Molly is home I hope she makes a speedy recovery.
Page 7 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »