Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-11-2006, 09:28 AM

Otis was sick (but puked up poo) sorry bit disgusting

Morning all - just a little advice please. Took otis for his walk last night and caught him eating another dog's poo. He used to do this all the time but seems to have grown out of it. Everytime i see him i tell him to leave but last night he managed to eat it. Anyway - about half an hour after we got home, he was sick all over the floor - and wait for hi - he puked up poo - nothing else- just poo!!! it was completely gross and had me gagging all night. Obviously he has been sick before and i know what to do, but do you think i need to take him to the vet incase the poo has given him an infection or anything?

PS - sorry that was a gross post!!! poor little mite - he looked so sorry for himself all night. But he is completely back to normal now.

jx
Blackbranmunste
New Member!
Female 

10-11-2006, 10:04 AM
Poor you and Otis! The things we have to clean up!!!

Bran and Bree have both done this at various points especially when they were really young. I don't worry too much as they are both up to date with their jabs. Only thing I have done is worm them to make sure they haven't picked any nasties up. Guess if he is back to normal and eating ok you shouldn't have too much to worry about.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2006, 11:03 AM
I'd say worm him (unless he's just been done) and keep a watch out for anymore sick or poo (his own poo, that is).

If he gets diahorrea (sp?) or is sick more then I'd take him to the vets.

At least it's all out of his system now!

When Max is sick, he tries to eat it again, which makes me gag more than the being sick in the first place....
TR7_Ally
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-11-2006, 12:38 PM
Urgh, poor you! My yellow lab did this, it never seemed to do him any harm but certainly made me retch!

Dogs...why DO we love em so much?!
for_dogs_sake
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-11-2006, 04:39 PM
I agree with previous posts.
Worm him and keep an eye on him for further sickness and diarrhea.
Although it is really gross it isn't usually harmful for dogs unless they eat faeces from a sick animal.
Anything out of the ordinary should prompt a visit to the vets.
Keep us posted
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2006, 06:46 PM
We had a similar experience when Fudge was a pup. We had been out for along walk and on the return journey she filled the boot of the car with horse sheep and other dogs doings......It was the worst clean up experience to date. That includes anything the kids have ever submitted me too as well!! my nose is wrinkling now at the memory....EW