Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
cravencraven
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-05-2011, 12:48 PM

Craven off lead

With Craven being a typical hound I have struggled with his recall off lead,apart from when he has a dog to play with then he will stay close.So he has only been offlead when he is playing.
So after months of recall training on his longline I decided to try letting him off again without a dog around to play with.
It was going well on a path with a river on one side and railings on the other,so I thought I would try him in the fields today.It didn't go well,he stayed around for a while recalling ok,then he ran away again and disappeared for 20 mins.
So here are some photo's to remember Craven off lead,as he is going back on the longline.

Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Aw he's gorgeous, looks like he was having a lovely time! I feel your pain with the recall - my dog can be fabulous on her longline and will be okay off it for a short time but then she'll hear/smell something and off she goes!
lakeland_lass
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-05-2011, 02:48 PM
Oh I feel for you. Barns was nightmare to train recall I know he's a terrier and not a hound but he wants to hunt. We had him on a long line for over a year before. He can still be norty and can be off in the woods for 15 mins or so which is scary but he alway comes back with a cheeky and chuffed look on his wee face. If he catches a smell he has to follow it.
I find we are always playing now to keep his attention when he is off lead with his tennis ball or hid and seek if me and OH are out together. If we stop paying 100% attention he will soon wander off.
I'm sure you'll find someway to let Craven McNorty off again soon without the disappering act happening.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Aww Bless Lovely pictures He looks like he really enjoyed himself! Thanks for sharing x
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 03:19 PM
In the short while offlead he looks like he enjoyed himself!
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Good looking Craven the escapee. Oh Craven you have muckied your ticket! Bet it was fun whilst it lasted though.