Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jakewill
New Member!
Male 

26-03-2017, 02:57 AM

Bond with dog

I am geting a dog and was wondering if it is hard to build a bond with thim when i still go to school
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2017, 10:21 PM
Welcome to Dogsey
You already sound committed.Good for you
We were never without a dog when I was growing up,we all went to school and had a great bond with all of the dogsSeven kids in our houseso the doglets got lots of exercise,training and attention:grin.We took turns at the early morning walk before school(parents rules)It's a huge commitment,you'll be responsible for your dog's well being for the next 14 years possibly,or even more.As long as you're fully aware of that and all that that entails,I think you'll do just fine
Have you chosen your dog yet?
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-03-2017, 11:08 PM
I had my first dog, a rehomed working sheepdog, for my eleventh birthday. I couldn't wait to start training her, and fortunately the obedience club I joined saved me from making any major mistakes.Though she spent most of her days with Mum, it was me that groomed, trained, walked and fed her, and we had a bond which was almost telepathic. To be honest, I was probably a bit too posessive about her.
I believe that with dogs you get back what you put in. Be generous with your affection and your attention, do your best to understand how your dog learns, and your dog will repay you, and your family, with a lifetime of devotion.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-03-2017, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by Jakewill View Post
I am geting a dog and was wondering if it is hard to build a bond with thim when i still go to school
Good luck with your new dog.
I also had one when I was going to school. Was ir hard to buils a bond? It just happened. He went everywhere with me.