Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Muddy
New Member!
Female 

11-12-2015, 03:21 PM

I don't know why I do it.

Look through the lists of dogs for adoption I mean. I cannot have another dog and it only breaks my heart to see all the dogs needing rehoming, so why don't I resist the urge to look?

And such sad stories some of these beautiful dogs have: I know some are up for adoption due to illness or bereavement but there are so many who are abandoned as a result of poor choices by their previous owners. I think potential pet owners should be vetted before they buy a family pet.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

11-12-2015, 03:37 PM
Maybe your sub-conscious is telling you otherwise? (that yes, you can have another, haha).

I agree - think people need to take some sort of test. We do for cars!
Muddy
New Member!
Female 

11-12-2015, 04:02 PM
My sub-conscious and my heart has me filling the house with dogs Azz, but my head, thankfully, rules..
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-12-2015, 02:53 PM
Oh I've done that too Muddy. Mainly after seeing Paul O'Grady - for the love of dogs or the Dog Rescurers on telly. Then I think what on earth am I doing? But it's nice to look sometimes isn't it.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2015, 05:21 PM
I do this too. I've wanted a Labrador/Ridgeback guy for ages and I always look for them even though with my current dogs I can't afford one right now. I saw a little Labby/Ridgy guy puppy at the local shelter and I had to truly resist the urge to go and adopt him. I wanted him SOOOO MUCH but I know I can't and I was so sad afterwards. I thought to myself, why do I even look for them? I know I can't actually own them!
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-12-2015, 10:41 PM
I don't want to adopt a dog but every once in awhile I will look through the rescue pages. Then I will be like that is so cute, that one has great sounding personality, oh he's beautiful and I just wonder why all these Pits are in shelters or foster homes. I know I can't adopt them all but I do go on the Web pages and have sent people to rescue / shelters to find one.