Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Alaskantom
Dogsey Junior
Male 

02-04-2009, 07:53 PM

Pomeranian/Labrador Cross

Sorry for not uploading these pictures but when I got back from girlfriends I was snowed under with college work. These are the eagerly awaited pictures of the Pomeranian/Labrador pups we have. (Warning some may include me lol)

This is the mum, quite big for a Pom. Her name is Mimi.

This is her and her pups in the tiny baby cot my girlfriend had, but no worries I came to the rescue.

Heres me with a large plastic bed from wilko's for £12.50. I sectioned off the front of it with a insulating bag from Tescos and covered it in sheets and a blanket.

Heres me and the mummy...with her green eyes.

This is my pup having a nosh, colours from both mum and dad.

My girlfriend holding one to show you the size.

Best one I have got, four in this one

And the puppies enjoying the bed I made em.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2009, 11:03 PM
Awwww, those puppies are just soooooooooo gorgeous. Made me want to stick my hand through the pc screen and grab a hug! Mimi is absolutely lovely. Love her colouring and fluffy coat. She's a nice size.

Glad everything is going okay with the litter. It can be a worry sometimes, if one is not putting on weight or if Mum isn't eating properly but all looks very well from the pics

First few weeks is pretty easy, just making sure Mum and pups are eating well and making sure Mum has all she needs but wait until weaning time! I'm sure that'll get a bit messy with those little bundles of joy You'll have to think about a puppy pen or something, once they are getting around a bit but looks like you have time to get that sorted (sorry, forgot how old the pups are now - by memory - are they a couple of weeks now)?

Thanks for sharing the pics. Keep 'em coming. I'm a puppy picaholic
Alaskantom
Dogsey Junior
Male 

02-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Yeah they are lovely. We did have two occasions when we thought we had lost one but it had sneaked under the blankie. Mum is eating very well, pups are all feeding really well, about every 2-3 hours and they are filling up and going to sleep.

Yeah I can't wait until they are mobile. They are already trying to escape the bed. It was the biggest one I could find lol, its not exactly not high either lol.

If you send me your e-mail address I can send you the pics.

Tom
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2009, 08:44 AM
Cute Mum, cute pups, bizarre cross!

Thank goodness she managed to whelp them ok. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that the lab isn't the daddy, do you know who he belongs to? Are there any other likely culprits in the vicinity?

Can't wait to see how they grow up!!!

J
Alaskantom
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-04-2009, 08:49 AM
I am 98% sure the lab is the dad. The mum was used as a breeding machine by one of those 'backyard breeders'. She only did it for profit. My girlfriend knew her and managed to get Mimi off her. She has had several litters and actually gave birth to the pups no problems.

When my girlfriend got the mum she was stressed, unhealthy and just generally not in a good way. Its nice to see her doing what she should be doing with her pups. She is so so chilled.
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2009, 08:59 AM
Poor Mimi I take it your gf will get her spayed now so she can live the rest of her life as a pampered family pet?

I just can't imagine what a Pom x Lab is going to look like???

J
Alaskantom
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-04-2009, 09:10 AM
Yes we will be getting her spayed. It was a completely accidental breeding. She got out of the garden and well the rest is obvious. Yeah she's always been pampered. Well much more so than her previous owner. My gf said the conditions were horrible. So we will get her spayed when we can. So she can have a decent old age.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2009, 09:45 AM
There used to be a lab stayed across from us used to escape when she was in season too, dirty minx...
If I had known Mimi was pregnant I think I would have had her jagged to stop her having the pups, especially since you are 98% certain it was a big dog that got her, you and your gf have been very lucky not to loose Mimi having those pups, I don't understand rescueing her from a situation then putting her through stress again ?
Are you selling the pups ?
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2009, 09:51 AM
I don't understand rescueing her from a situation then putting her through stress again ?
Are you selling the pups ?

I don't think it's time to be looking back at what should have been done, in my opinion. Tom's gf is doing her best with the situation and they are going to get Mimi spayed. Mimi looks healthy and happy and that's the main thing. Once she's spayed, she can enjoy a peaceful life
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2009, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
I don't think it's time to be looking back at what should have been done, in my opinion. Tom's gf is doing her best with the situation and they are going to get Mimi spayed. Mimi looks healthy and happy and that's the main thing. Once she's spayed, she can enjoy a peaceful life
Your entitled to your opinion CC as I am mine, thanks
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >