View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SBL
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-05-2010, 08:15 PM
You are either a troll or a numpty. i really cant decide.
And yet again, insults without explanation. I do not mind opinion and comments other than my own, infact I welcome them, but they should at the very least be backed my explanation.

As in, your an idiot because what yuo state 'here' has been disproved 'here'. Or, I disagree with 'this' because of 'this' etc.....

If you can't do that, don't comment, otherwise you're either feeding a troll or you are a troll.

I agree Mish. How about both?
Same applies, is this the level of debate?
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Explanation? The facts speak very clearly from themselves!

I despair.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2010, 08:20 PM
the reason i think you are a troll, is because you clearly have some knowledge, abliet misguided,.& i think you are on here just to wind us up.

Why on earth would you want to join a dog forum to show us a pic of dogs you are selling/sold.

IF you were proud of the pups surely you would be showing us the litter pics?

I think the pics are odd,ie very UNsprollie like.
Your posts just dont ring true.

Id liketo see pics of the bitch with the litter
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-05-2010, 08:20 PM
I think it is frustration on our part that we feel you are not seeing the bigger picture.

Lizzy has explained about the amount of rescue springers out there. That this particular cross apart from the potential health problems in the future of these youngsters as they mature is have they been homed to the right homes ? They are both of working stock you say and both high energy breeds not for the faint hearted, if not in working homes they are going too need too be in homes with people that have the time and energy and understanding to give these dogs the life they need to make them happy and well balanced otherwise they will end up in rescue.

I don't think too many pedigree breeders ethical ones that is and I agree there are bad breeders out there breeding pedigrees are breeding as much at the moment knowing that people are not purchasing and they do not want too see their pups in rescue. A lot of breeders have contracts like we do that the dog has too be returned if for any reason you can no longer keep the dog at whatever age. Unfortunately a lot of people do not get back in touch with the breeder so there are also too many pedigree dogs in re-homing centres too.

Pedigree dogs without sounding like a breed snob are obviously more in demand than x breeds, but that still does not make it right that people breeding pedigree or x breeds do so without health testing and making sure there is the demand and that the dogs are homed to the right homes.

I don't think having read through this whole blog that there has been outrage and scorn frustration and annoyance from some that are very knowledgeable that you haven't taken on board the health problems both these breeds have with regard to the epilepsy in collies and the potential hip problems. It seems in some of your replies you are scoffing at the information they are trying to point out too you re: these problems.

As before I do not think you are a bad owner you come across that you care deeply for your dogs, but we cannot help but feel you have been made a bad decision in breeding this litter.
SBL
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Explanation? The facts speak very clearly from themselves!
Please explain, what facts, comments like this are the lowest form of argument and debate. To insult the person making the argument is low, to insult the point second, to argue a point by taking it and providing evidence to the contrary, without insulting the commenter, is the highest form, do it, take my points and argue them, insults just descend into farce.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2010, 08:23 PM
The word 'brick wall' and 'head' spring to mind now.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2010, 08:25 PM
What "work" do you expect these "working" dogs to do?
SBL
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-05-2010, 08:32 PM
@lynn

Firstly thank you for your explanation, it is genuinely welcome!!

The two dogs already homed (as I've posted previously actually ) have gone to fantastic homes. One is a young couple who are active fell walkers, they where suitably questionable about the dogs, they had done their research on the breed, they inspected the bitch and required a vet check (provided and passed with flying colours).

The other went to a gentleman who has a Sprollie and wanted another one as a companion. Again he was suitably questioning and inspected the bitch and vets report.

One other is meant to be going to an ex who has a springer (this unfortunately is up in the air atm, not my fault) and the other possibly to a home in Manchester.

Incidentally I have turned a couple of people away and made it clear to others about the nature of the dogs, including their need for excersise and the habbit of chewing particually when bored, warts and all.

I also checked how 'sellable' these dogs where before breeding, there had been a couple of litters locally and speaking to the owners they informed me the dogs had been very popular and sold quickly.

The bitch and her litter;

(sorry for the size)
SBL
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-05-2010, 08:39 PM
What "work" do you expect these "working" dogs to do?
Chasing sticks and climbing fells. They seem to enjoy that

The word 'brick wall' and 'head' spring to mind now.
Yes, yes they do.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Thanks for that!
Not a troll then, just a numpty after all!

look, at the end of the day if you are happy with the litter then thats that.

if we disagree with you thats up to us & our own experince with dogs.

You arent going to change our minds , & clearly you are never going to see what we consider the error of your ways.

Although you can clearly argue your point, you just "dont get it" & i clearly expect that you think the same of us!

BTW i hope the Stick thing was a joke

http://www.colliecorner.com/stick-to-toys/

But that kinda sums you up tbh
Page 15 of 16 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 >