Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2008, 07:26 PM

Another scooter

I had a chap come round earlier today to show me a scooter. His puppy attended my puppy party and may be attending training classes after Christmas so he came round to see if he could help me out.

I was feeling very low this morning My parents paid into a trust fund since I was a child and I have enough in it to buy a scooter so that's what it'll go on. I was feeling a bit pants that at 20, I'm blowing my savings on a scooter but hey, if it improves my quality of life.
I also had a minor panic attack the other day whilst out shopping and was feeling really rubbish about that but Miles came round this afternoon to show me the scooter.

I've decided I'm having it, it's waranteed for three years and is a good price for what I'm getting. He's assured me that although it's an 8mph pavement scooter, it will also go in my car (I did get a big car on purpose) and it'll suit my purpose. He also cheered me up quite a bit.

So the scooter is sorted and I've cheered up a little bit. Still a bit miffed about travelling around on a scooter at 20 BUT at least I'll finally be able to get around!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2008, 07:38 PM
Lottie, that's fantastic you've finally found a suitable scooter! No stopping you now. Scooter or not at 20, at least you'll be able to get out and about more and be more mobile. Excellent.

When do you get it?
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2008, 07:51 PM
As soon as the cheque comes through from the trust fund Nicola

It is, it's great and I'm sure that once I'm used to it, it won't bother me.

The guy who came to see me did say he could spray paint it and jazz it up a bit
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2008, 07:57 PM
Fantastic, Lottie. Hope it comes through soon.

Hey, that's an idea! You could get paw prints on it!
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-10-2008, 07:58 PM
Great stuff! So pleased you've found one you like, even if you are having to blow your savings on it. Quality of life is priceless

So when do we start the Pimp My Scooter competition? I don't get mine until the end of the month.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2008, 08:06 PM
So are you going to let him jaz it up with Dalmation spots or will you be getting go faster stripes...............tiger print??? or blend in with the greenery and go khaki????

Who cares if you drive a scooter at 20.........its your life and the quality of it that matters........stuff em.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2008, 08:21 PM
Yes def join the Pimp my Scooter brigade!

Be proud of your scooter! There are quite a lot of younger peeps on scooters here.... including a young guy with full punk mohican etc, and they've all personalised their scooters.

Don't know about dalmatian spots though, you may end being taken for Cruella DeVille! Paw prints are a good one though.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2008, 08:52 PM
May do the paw prints. Sez you're on

Not sure about what else though... we'll see.

Thanks guys
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-10-2008, 08:55 PM
I found a fab website which did vinyl paw print designs, which I'm going to get for mine. I shall dig out the site and send it to you
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Aw thanks chick!

I found a perfect bumper sticker for the Quingo that I tried before this one... it said 'warning! Parts may fall off!' haha
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >