View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
fluffybunnyfeet
Dogsey Senior
Male 

22-03-2007, 11:38 PM
You sure its not the sea salt causing the dandruff, only reason I ask is Tenner our BC gets dandruff and scratches like crazy after being in the sea even if he is hosed down with fresh water.

The Dobes get a sort of dry dandruff too from the sea, we try and avoid it really as it doesn't seem to do them any good.
SarahJ
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2007, 12:05 AM
Its usually we find a combination of diet and enviroment we add corn oil to our danes and regular brushing, they are in the sea daily and very rare now do we get the flaky skin...
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2007, 12:22 AM
And here's my little remedy!

Isla had this same problem a few weeks ago, so I started to give her Fish Oil Caps everyday with her food and the dandruff seems to have gone!

Here's the site where I get mine from, the best bit is they have Vit E included which is necessary for the Fish Oil to be absorbed.

http://www.healthydirect.co.uk/0122.htm

With Isla only weighing 20kgs, 1 tab seems to do the trick but you might have to give a Boxer 2 depending on the weight?
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2007, 12:27 AM
Fish body oil is apparently very good

I fed lots of pilchards / sardines - other types of oily fish but if I fed less Fish Body Oil is the one thing I would probably look into for dry skin.

Hope whatever it is clears up soon
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2007, 10:14 AM
Max says he likes the idea of Fish Oil, and would like it in sardines please

Thanks guys, I checked last night, and the dandruff isn't "moving". It's actual flakes of skin (like human dandruff). I'm going to try him on some fish oil and see what the outcome is.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2