View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-09-2011, 12:28 PM
Hi Azz - well I signed the petition, not sure if anyone in government will take note but on a general level it must be right to increase the teaching time of IT in schools 'tho I have read and noted Fudgelys remarks.

Nothing to do with IT but it is my belief that in UK we are too afraid to fail.

You 100% correct in saying that start ups are all comming from America on the surface it woud seem they can do no wrong, but actually there are a lot of start ups in America that go nowhere but the attitude over there is 'Oh that didn't work I'll try again' but in Uk it seems to be 'Oh I tried that, it didn't work, I'll give up and get a job in Tescos'
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-09-2011, 07:18 PM
Read petition but did not sign.

Where its important to encourge our children into IT skills I dont see why girls have to be singled out and givern pref treatment.

Petition is pure sexist
Azz
Administrator
Male 

24-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Hi Azz - well I signed the petition, not sure if anyone in government will take note but on a general level it must be right to increase the teaching time of IT in schools 'tho I have read and noted Fudgelys remarks.

Nothing to do with IT but it is my belief that in UK we are too afraid to fail.

You 100% correct in saying that start ups are all comming from America on the surface it woud seem they can do no wrong, but actually there are a lot of start ups in America that go nowhere but the attitude over there is 'Oh that didn't work I'll try again' but in Uk it seems to be 'Oh I tried that, it didn't work, I'll give up and get a job in Tescos'
Thanks! And I agree, far too many people fail once and give up - maybe partly because they invest all of their own money because it's so hard to get funding here, there seems to be a lot more of that in the US too. Also, I heard recently that it's extremely hard for a start-up to get a merchant account - some requiring a £50,000 deposit Here's the article: Why The UK Startup Scene Is Doomed

Originally Posted by galty View Post
Read petition but did not sign.

Where its important to encourge our children into IT skills I dont see why girls have to be singled out and givern pref treatment.

Petition is pure sexist
I think we need to do more to get girls into programming because enough aren't at the moment. Creativity in men and women can be quite different, and I would personally love to see more women into programming - I am sure they would come up with some pretty awesome (and unique) stuff - that would give us a competitive edge, imo.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2