Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2016, 06:14 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, June 17

Good Morning everyone, Hope everyone is ok this morning.
That is terrible news about that young MP being knifed and shot. We have so many lunatics walking amongst us none of us know whether we are safe or not.

Glad that vet saved the GSD that was eating stones. Some people do not deserve to own a dog. It is peculiar what some dogs choose to eat. I have to watch Amber like a hawk and not take her anywhere where cats like to poo. She is a terror for that.

Well not so bright this morning, better get her out before it rains again.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-06-2016, 06:49 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Wet morning here, car being dropped off on the local garage forecourt tonight for mot tomorrow. Will have everything crossed it is not going to cost an arm and a leg and take ages to fix. If all goes to plan it will be home cheaply, quickly and sold then I can get on with looking for a new estate then sell the run around.

Its shocking about that poor woman. When Mark was deputy manager of the local garage about 12-14 years ago he did night and weekend shifts he would always get the drug addicts and basically the low lifes of Harlow through his doors most nights. Police often called and he realised then how the Police's hands are tied. One night an addict got very violent with the police and Mark said might it be worth letting him punch you on the nose hard you would have him banged to rights then surely for assaulting a police officer. The reply was no it isn't worth it we arrest them take the physical and verbal abuse and the judge gives them a slap on the wrist. Mark was shocked so were we when he told us.
Things I believe have got progressively worse. No deterrent anymore.
Really not sure where we go from here.

Mandy glad your feeling better. Hope everyone is well today and our four legged friends too.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2016, 07:17 AM
Morning all,
Hopefully you get Amber out before it rains Moyra
Lynn fingers crossed for your car Lynn
Hopefully that scum that killed the mp will get the book thrown at him. When all said and done its cold blooded murder! It's so sad, she sounded a fantastic lady and caring mp, the type I wish we had here
Off to see the doctor at our local hospital with Tony then at work this afternoon.
So may not get back on till tonight, have a really good day all
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-06-2016, 07:23 AM
Morning Mandy is that for Tony's leg ? Good luck.
What's the betting he will not get the punishment to fit the crime.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2016, 08:47 AM
Morning all
Moyra...sadly I think most dogs have a thing for cat poop..all 4of mine have ewwwww
Lynn, fingers crossed for good news on the car front
Mandy, hope Tony goes on o.k
TW...yes I did have 2pints and got to play with dogs...lovely!!! I also fell asleep early hence me vanishing lol
Bathroom starts again today.....then stops when Andrew gets here tomorrow
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-06-2016, 08:47 AM
Glad you're feeling better Mandy, hoping the hospital appt with Tony gets things moving.
Apparently the low life that murdered the MP, like to clean himself with Brillo pads and been in psychiatric care, not exactly surprising that he's done what he's done is it. Another death, another example of how blind eyes are turned
Zen must be feeling better, she has ripped up and chewed the floor of the little kennel, remember Allan putting a new one down not 6 months ago, well she's got round to customising it
Lynn surely it'll pass the MOT, everything crossed for you on that one
Grey and dull here, no rain forecast that I know of at least
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2016, 09:13 AM
Good morning

Hope you get out in the dry Moyra

Pleased you are feeling better Mandy. Good luck at the hospital and hope you get some answers

Fingers crossed for the car Lynn and it is a cheap MOT

Naughty Zen so she is on the naughty step again You have the patience of a saint with her. Hopefully she will grow out of her wood fettish.

Shame about the MP just doing her job and now a family without a mother. The rouble is no one appears to be afraid of the police anymore and their hands are tied as to what they can do.

Dry but dull but still very warm. Nothing planned as waiting for a phone call to say sofa is finished - hopefully very soon.

Have a good day and stay safe.

Oh dear I forgot you Griff sorry. Hopefully your brother won't complain about the lack of bathroom.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-06-2016, 09:44 AM
Thing is Sue, she has loads of potential, she's so flaming clever its scary. She's been on very short onlead walks for the last 2 weeks, and another 2 to go, so really (bearing in mind her age and size) it has to come out one way or another. Hoping Allan finishes his conservatory and gets over to me to do the pointing and get the breeze block kennel built. The rubber stable matting in the little kennel is moveable so I can clean out better, the ones in the big kennel aren't because the guy who did that one did a dreadful job of cutting the matting and it had to have liquid rubber (can't remember what its called) poured round the edges, but thats been a blessing in disguise because she can't dig them up to get to the floor. So guess what I'll be doing when the new kennel is up and the floorings going down
That little girl needs an outlet for that intelligence, and there's none on the short term horizon unfortunately.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2016, 09:50 AM
June, maybe it is the boat sealant they use on the under body of boats. I used something similar on Chloe's bungalow bath that she loved to swim in. it rusted on the bottom and leaked so I bought this tub of rubberised paint and did the whole bottom it solved the problem. Wish Amber liked her bath, no way, unfortunately.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-06-2016, 11:03 AM
Ah well, just a case of onwards and upwards with her. One day maybe, one day she will grow up
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >