View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2017, 12:23 PM
At least you don't need a thermos, bobble hat or note pad and camera Brenda for your in house plane spotting Lol. I watched that program last night...well i couldn't hear it properly as i had to have the sound down because of my dad starting early...i couldn't see the subtitles properly, but by heck it were a bit racy Lol
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2017, 02:06 PM
Griff liked outlander very much. Problem is remembering it is on every week for 16 weeks. Takes me up to holiday time. which is in Inverness believe it or not. Been drawn to Scotland since I was 13. Maybe because grandmother was a Galloway. Who knows!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2017, 02:35 PM
Oh Heck 16 weeks!!!! i will be doing catchup on my fire stick i think Lol..if i can
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2017, 04:25 PM
my parents have arrived safely..been there about 3 hours and been on a spending spree already!! pair of magpies have been in a jewellers
Lynn, hope Gill and you managed to get out somewhere today
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2017, 05:47 PM
Hi all been back about an hour.
Well Gill didn't look as ill as I was expecting but she has lost so much weight.
She managed 1/2 slice lemon meringue pie within 20 min needed imodium then toilet. It's all a bit random.
She fancied chips so we got a bowl but when she tried a bite it made her feel ill she doesn't seem to be able to manage bread or chips or much else for that matter.
peter did get her some bovril and that is staying down and she is enjoying it but nutritionally it's not brilliant.
Se is still convinced or trying to convince me not sure that the tablets are still in her system. she did manage the stairs today tomorrow she may not be able to.
She enjoyed me pushing her round the nursery stopping to smell the flowers and just enjoy them. Today i was back in Norfolk usually at the time i am leaving Brentwood.
I think we are at the beginning of the end now unless a miracle happens and she can start eating properly and keeping it down.
21/2 weeks still till her hospital appointment if she is well enough to go.
She thinks everyone for their good wishes.

Poured myself a John Smiths and Gorden has popped down the chippy for tea.
A mentally and physically draining day.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2017, 06:03 PM
Lynn, so pleased you made it out, i hope Gill is well enough for the hospital next week...i think perhaps if Gill admits to herself that the tablets are out of her system she will have to admit that things aren't going great...by blaming the tablets everyone has hope
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2017, 06:25 PM
Exactly that griff. 1/2 cup of bovril and a slither of cake are making her better and building her up we just have to go along with it now.
She has neary 3 weeks griff before her appointment. Which is worrying but she won't go sooner if she could get an appointment.

Glad mum and dad have arrived safely.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2017, 06:43 PM
Lynn thats great that she was able to come out with you and eating anything is a good sign, but agree not very much to keep her going.....chippie supper sounds great after a mentaly exhausing day. Have another John Smiths.....My thoughts are with you all.

Griff Glad your Mom and Dad have arrived safely......whats your plan for the evening?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2017, 06:44 PM
Anyone else waiting for Game Of Thrones?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2017, 06:54 PM
Lynn, from experience people deal with things differently..2nans..both terminal cancer, 1 wouldn't discuss funeral plans..consider death, insisted she wanted ressucitating ..the other fought, took the terminal diagnosis and put her affairs in order..planned the funeral, picked gifts and chose her coffin and head stone... Hard situation to be in..both as the person with the diagnosis and those surrounding them, I think making memories are the most important thing, if Gill feels ready at some point to talk and say that she thinks things aren't going terrifically well...i am sure you will all be supportive and support her as always.. Huge hugs to you xx
Kazz.....no plans, there's a film on film four I will plus one if I stay awake..tried to order takeaway online as I am 50p short cash..but there's a £10minimum so me and the dogs will go without.
What you all up to??
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >