Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
louise flynn
New Member!
Female 

30-04-2011, 06:04 AM

Selgian in older dogs

my 14 and half year old dog has just started taking selgian and aktivait for treatment for senilty, has any one been on similar drugs seen an improvement in a few days? because we haven't seen any yet and are worried that we're just prolonging the inevitable
boxergoggins
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-04-2011, 06:05 PM
My boxer is on Selgian following neurological problems. After a few days he has become a different dog more like his old self. My vet did say not to expect anything for up to 2 months as they can take this long to work...he is also on vivitonin and the selgian increases the effectiveness of the vivitonin and therefore can give the brain a good "boost" of oxygen etc..

My 13 yr old border collie suffered senility and my vet put her on vivitonin which worked wonders (it increases blood flow to the brain)...

I truely hope your woof feels better soon...
louise flynn
New Member!
Female 

01-05-2011, 05:09 AM
ok, that's helpful. he's also on vivatonin, has been for a while now. the drugs he's on now are stage 2 of treatment for canine cognitive dysfunction. i hope as you say the drugs are long term, it's hard not to expect a quick fix.