Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sinabug
New Member!
Female 

19-06-2012, 04:10 PM

Pupsitting for 6 month old Boxer

Hi all ----- I'm a huge dog lover and, sadly, had to put my Emma down in February because she had lymphoma. I don't have another dog yet, but I know the right one will present his or herself at my doorstep (they usually do) at some point in time.

In the meantime....my cousin has a 6 month old boxer who is driving him and his wife nuts with her naughtiness (or so I'm told). I am going to puppysit for them starting on June 30, and would like to help get her under better control for them so they don't get rid of her. So, in looking online at the library for books on dog training (all were checked out) and searching Google, I found a book called Boxer Savvy ---- hence my registration to this site.

Since nobody on the site seems to have read this book as of yet, I am wondering if anyone has any experience and/or advice with "what clicks" with this breed.

Thank you.
Sinabug
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-06-2012, 04:40 PM
Hi, and welcome to the forum. I don't have a boxer, but I know there are a few owners on here, who will no doubt pop on with some advice
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2012, 12:14 AM
Firstly a Boxer pup at six months is a very young indeed. You need to take into account they don't mature until 3-4 yrs of age. Is is a very immature puppy in a big dogs body

You need to tell us a bit more, what exactly is this pup doing or not doing, what methods of training, if any, have your relatives tried. You will get absolutely nowhere by trying to impose your will on a Boxer or "making it behave". In a manner of speaking, you need to learn to "think" Boxer. Once you achieve this, the world is your oyster and a better dog you wont get - in fact you may very well end up adopting her