Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Loads of drinks and layers of clothes as temperature does vary and it can be hot in the crowds and cooler elsewhere.

I always took cheese strips and pepperami sticks to nibble on as well, easy to carry.

Don't buy dog beds till just before you leave!! Carrying them around is a nightmare---and don't go on the stalls where you win HUGE dogs!

rune
Just to add to this, if I may....

Some stalls will let you buy, say, a bed and let you collect it later on in the day if there is, for example, limited stock of particular kind etc if you ask them (ask before you buy if you want to know for sure). I've done this with a few differnet things, such as food and a pair of shoes.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Also, shop around if you can (or if you want to) for specific brands. Some stands will have the same things as other stands, such as collars and leads that are identical, but can and do vary in price by around a few pounds.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Sorry - me again!

If you're buying multiple items from a stand that are perhaps the same (also if you're buying in bulk), you could always try and haggle a bit, worth a shot and has been succesful for some people in the past! Might as well be cheeky and try, especially if you're spending a lot of money!
merryvale
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Many yrs ago I bought a small folding trolley,it's been a god send over the yrs. I have a eukanuba bag that fits on it just right and can pack eveything in and on it with the help of a couple of bungee straps. Much easier than trying to carry everything. I also take my own drinks and food as it's so expensive to buy in the halls. The other must have is comfy shoes. Oh and if you spot something you like make a note of the stand number,it saves a lot of leg work trying to find it again later.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by merryvale View Post
Many yrs ago I bought a small folding trolley,it's been a god send over the yrs. I have a eukanuba bag that fits on it just right and can pack eveything in and on it with the help of a couple of bungee straps. Much easier than trying to carry everything. I also take my own drinks and food as it's so expensive to buy in the halls. The other must have is comfy shoes. Oh and if you spot something you like make a note of the stand number,it saves a lot of leg work trying to find it again later.
Oooh, yes, the folding trolleys are great!

Don't know if you have one already, but you even get them with removable wheels that even fold away. Really good!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 07:58 PM
Don't take your credit card!!!!!
merryvale
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-02-2011, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Oooh, yes, the folding trolleys are great!

Don't know if you have one already, but you even get them with removable wheels that even fold away. Really good!
Not seen those,mine is only little but I've carried cages on it no probs. Def better than trying to carry heavy bags all day.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-02-2011, 08:03 PM
A question from someone who hasn't been in years, do stalls/shops etc only take cash or can you pay be debit or credit card? If the latter I may have to sell the family home after visiting..
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by merryvale View Post
Not seen those,mine is only little but I've carried cages on it no probs. Def better than trying to carry heavy bags all day.
Crossed wires here, I think.

I should've said that I meant trolley bag type things.

But yes, the folding trolleys are especially good if you're showing dogs and have somewhere to leave it, before using it for transportation of bags etc at the end of the day.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
A question from someone who hasn't been in years, do stalls/shops etc only take cash or can you pay be debit or credit card? If the latter I may have to sell the family home after visiting..
Most will accept cards as far as I'm aware, though there are a minute few who will only accept cash, I think.

I think also some of them charge a credit card fee (can't be sure but I think so) and some won't accept card purchases under £5 or £10. So best take some cash as well, if you can.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >