Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-01-2007, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I think one point is Ian, the scavengers are pulling all containers apart and leaving all the debris strewn over the beach, which the wild life are eating and getting tangled in, instead of a clean removal which is what the professional salvagers would have done.
Making money out of goods being shipped around the world is a little differant from breaking open containers of household goods and possessions of people shipping it to their new homes abroad. This what was happening as they giggled their way through other peoples possessions. This behaviour was dispicable in anyones books surely
If they are doing something illegal, not signing for what they have taken or littering the beach.. then yup thats out of order and should be dealt with by the police, I've said that all along... but those who are keeping within the law are entitled to do what they are doing, and it's wrong to call them thieves. I'm sure we'd all be a bit brassed off if we were wrongly accused of being thieves no?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2007, 12:34 PM
Ian, we will have to agree to disagree To me taking anything that does not belong to you is wrong, and when that is associated with doing anything that is harming wildlife and our beautiful coast, then that is doubly wrong.
Have a look at my location and maybe you can understand my passion.
Anyway, I think maybe this discussion has run it's course. Lets go to ebay and see what we can pick up I hear someone is selling left hand drive motorbikes :smt102
Have a good day Ian :smt008
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-01-2007, 12:37 PM
Then they should all leave it alone... including the commercial salvagers.... who as I've said are no different. I have seen your location and agree it is beautiful, just as mine is. And therefore all the more reason that stuff should be got rid of.. by anyone who can remove it

But yep we'll agree to disagree as I refuse to call someone a thief... who really isn't
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2007, 12:40 PM
Ian, we will have to agree to disagree To me taking anything that does not belong to you is wrong, and when that is associated with doing anything that is harming wildlife and our beautiful coast, then that is doubly wrong.
Have a look at my location and maybe you can understand my passion.
Anyway, I think maybe this discussion has run it's course. Lets go to ebay and see what we can pick up I hear someone is selling left hand drive motorbikes :smt102
Have a good day Ian :smt008
I supose being nearby makes it feel alot more personal (I live in cornwall) when damaged is being caused to our beautiful coasts!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Hiya Hannah where abouts in Cornwall are you?
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-01-2007, 12:46 PM
I did wonder after seeing some of the people from the local village on the news if there were an element of nimbyisim involved.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2007, 12:51 PM
I think they felt so hacked off Stormey because their village had been completely over run by "salvage tourists". I can't say how true it is but apparently the crime rate had soared, with houses shops and schools broken into as well as what was going on on the beach.
Anyway I am not directly involved in any of that, I'm about 40 miles away, I just felt sorry for the villagers and people who were loosing their property through no fault of their own.
Hey, enough, already
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-01-2007, 12:54 PM
Hey, enough, already
Fair enough, we could row about this all day and never agree I can see both sides of the argument. The main thing should be getting the oil off the ship so no more can leak out.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2007, 01:01 PM
Yep you are right Stormey.
Lunch time now:smt039
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4