Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-02-2015, 01:00 PM
I misworded the GFR part in my post
I know what is it, it's just not listed on her results and wondering what it could be at and if they tested for it at all.

I think we're going to switch Karitsa's food to one with a lower fat content. Will start a new thread in the nutrition section. Thank you everybody for your help and support.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2015, 01:07 PM
If they did a full panel, no doubt they tested for it. I'm still waiting on the results of Nigredo's blood tests from the blood bank. Full panels do take a while. Perhaps the rest will be in soon. Good luck!
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-02-2015, 05:26 PM
This vet website explains about blood tests .

http://www.peteducation.com/article....2+2116&aid=989

eosinophil's, and basophil's , I think if these are high , its a response to allergies.
Creatinine is kidney function . Dogs are prone to uti's if they have a problem with their kidneys not functioning 100%.
Really hope you get answers soon .
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2015, 05:46 PM
Yes, it is a kidney function. You're correct. I knew it was exclusive to one organ. That is a great article. Thanks for posting it.
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-02-2015, 03:54 AM
Just got a call from the vet with Karitsa urinalysis and T4 results.

Her urinalysis shows that Karitsa still has an infection and they are worried that it has spread to her kidneys. The results coupled with the bloodwork indicate this since the creatinine is elevated with bacteria in her urine is typical of kidney infection. Her urine was dilute and has a large amount of bacteria and white blood cells. Her urine also showed triple phosphate crystals that is also common with infection. I'm not exactly sure what triple phosphate crystals are as I've never heard of it, just read that it's linked to infection.

Her T4 is within range but on the low end. They didn't seem too concerned about it because they said it could be due to infection.

They want to get a direct urine sample from her bladder and do a culture and sensitivity test to see exactly what bacteria she has so they can prescribe the right antibiotic.

I'm so worried for my girl.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2015, 07:01 AM
Ah, poor Karitsa. My cat had struvite crystals and tons of blood in her urine, both red and white cells. She was peeing everywhere. It took ages to realize what was wrong. So many different types of AB, so many diet changes, so many vet bills, and then a poor, straining cat. She was finally diagnosed with feline idiopathic cystitis. Hers is mostly triggered by grains and fish products. Took us ages to figure that out, as well. She still has a flare up a few times a year usually, but keeping her on a grain free food really, really helps. She eats Merrick almost exclusively as the feline formula has no fish or grain.

It did drive us crazy because it took so long to figure out. The AB never truly worked as the underlying cause was never addressed. They'd work, but the problem would come right back. I'm so hoping you can get to the bottom of this, how stressful it must be for all of you.

Our house is carpeted and we have a cat, which as you know, their urine smells far worse than a dog. Our house smelled hideous and I understand just how totally stressful this type of thing can be. You're doing everything you can, keep up the good work. You're in my thoughts.
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-02-2015, 10:43 AM
So sorry to hear the diagnosis, let us hope that Karitsa's kidneys have not been damaged. She is still young, and when you know the correct antibiotic to use, she should be able to fight back. Good luck with your beautiful girl.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2