Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2012, 12:05 PM
I'm confused again!

Gnasher what receipts have you seen? A few pages back you mention all she shoved through your door was some visa reciepts which you say don't prove anything? I assumed this meant that they weren't itemised, but now you are saying you know for a fact all the dog had was a few stitches - so how do you know? Have you seen an itemised bill then?

If not - how do you know what treatment the dog has undergone?

If you have seen an itemised bill - what is mentioned on the bill that you are disputing exactly?
spot
Dogsey Veteran

18-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Yup! It stings like a bitch for a few seconds, but only if put on mucous membrane, it doesn't sting on flesh wounds. Don't be such a wussy!!!!
Bit OT but I have trained in aromatherpy and it would only sting if you are using it neat - something that should never be done with the vast majority of essential oils and especially in small animals. I think you should be very careful of recommending anyone uses essential oils especially on their animal. Tea tree is an amazing oil but it should be added to a carrier oil. The only really safe essential oil to use on HUMAN SKIN is lavendar (great for burns). None should be used 'neat' on animals.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Bit OT but I have trained in aromatherpy and it would only sting if you are using it neat - something that should never be done with the vast majority of essential oils and especially in small animals. I think you should be very careful of recommending anyone uses essential oils especially on their animal. Tea tree is an amazing oil but it should be added to a carrier oil. The only really safe essential oil to use on HUMAN SKIN is lavendar (great for burns). None should be used 'neat' on animals.
well said, a big problem with Tea Tree is it is nasty for the liver if taken internaly - which there is a big danger of with a licky dog
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
I'm confused again!

Gnasher what receipts have you seen? A few pages back you mention all she shoved through your door was some visa reciepts which you say don't prove anything? I assumed this meant that they weren't itemised, but now you are saying you know for a fact all the dog had was a few stitches - so how do you know? Have you seen an itemised bill then?

If not - how do you know what treatment the dog has undergone?

If you have seen an itemised bill - what is mentioned on the bill that you are disputing exactly?
Exactly!! receipts!! Visa receipts. What bit don't you understand. There was one invoice, but not on headed paper, with loads of visa receipts attached. Gosh, this is like the Spanish Inquisition!!

Yes, we have seen an itemised bill. We do know exactly what was done.

What we are arguing with is that the main invoice could have been cobbled up on a computer - there is no logo, no letterhead, nothing to identify the name and address of the vet other than what it says on the Visa receipts.

Anyway, it is all immaterial because we have heard today that they have responded to our insurance company, so it is for the lawyers to sort out now.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2012, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
well said, a big problem with Tea Tree is it is nasty for the liver if taken internaly - which there is a big danger of with a licky dog
Exactly, which is why you must never put it on mucous membrane or where the dog can lick it. Hence the reason I said that with our dog in similar circs. we would have bandaged well and put on a hood at night to prevent licking.

Tea tree is no more dangerous to dogs as it is to humans, to cats, to dogs, or any animal. It is only dangerous if taken internally or put on mucous membrane. It is poisonous, it will kill you if taken in quantity. But it is the best and the most powerful antibiotic and antiviral preparation known to man, and why the NHS don't use it to clean hospitals and wounds God only knows.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Sorry, but I disagree entirely. I don't wish to be rude, but what you say is non-scientific.
mummysnoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-06-2012, 06:17 PM
I've taken ages to read most of this, and there is a lot of conflicting issues going on here, so I have sorted the important bits to make sense of it all. It seems to me that the first issue is that Gnasher's dog attacked the neighbour's dog, I would have thought that if Gnasher's dog was used to attacking dogs he would have it restrained on a lead in the very first instance but as that wasn’t the case then I cannot see any fault here, especially if Gnasher's dog suddenly turns nasty, I think they were all taken by surprise. If it is only a short distance from the car to the entrance of the house, it seems like the neighbour’s were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I can understand the neighbour going off on one, but to swear in a public place is committing an offence under Section 5 of the Public Order Act. If you swear in your garden and only your neighbour hears you it is not an offence but to do so and someone on the street hears you, then yes it is. Same if she damages the bottom of your fence, it’s a criminal offence against Gnasher’s property..

Third thing, if Gnasher’s dog is a wolf hybrid, what has this go to do with anything? Where I walk my dog a woman has 2 and although the first time I met them I felt a bit unsettled but they are just so laid back its unbelieveable, and they both welcome most dogs that come sniffing around them.

I think Gnasher acted appropriately all the way through, the only thing I would have insisted on was a proper invoice from the O/P’s Vet stating the injuries and the charges on the bill.. I would not accept the bill the way it has been posted through the door, and I would query the bill through the address stated on it. It looks like everything has been blown out of proportion and it won’t be solved unless a 3rd party gets involved. It is a hard situation to find themselves in as they live so close to one another.

Gnasher have you thought of writing a letter to them to say your sorry for the upset your dog has caused, if not maybe that’s the way to go, and if you don’t get a reply there’s not much else you can do, just shrug your shoulders and forget it, life’s too short.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2012, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by mummysnoo View Post
I've taken ages to read most of this, and there is a lot of conflicting issues going on here, so I have sorted the important bits to make sense of it all. It seems to me that the first issue is that Gnasher's dog attacked the neighbour's dog, I would have thought that if Gnasher's dog was used to attacking dogs he would have it restrained on a lead in the very first instance but as that wasn’t the case then I cannot see any fault here, especially if Gnasher's dog suddenly turns nasty, I think they were all taken by surprise. If it is only a short distance from the car to the entrance of the house, it seems like the neighbour’s were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I can understand the neighbour going off on one, but to swear in a public place is committing an offence under Section 5 of the Public Order Act. If you swear in your garden and only your neighbour hears you it is not an offence but to do so and someone on the street hears you, then yes it is. Same if she damages the bottom of your fence, it’s a criminal offence against Gnasher’s property.
Gnasher's dog has been known to her to be dog aggressive for nearly two years now, Gnasher has had advice on here in the past to keep him on a lead and/or muzzled but has instead prefered to use a shock collar as she finds a longline inconvenient and has previously expressed her dislike for muzzles (though she has started using one now). This is why people cannot understand her letting a known DA dog off-lead on her driveway, knowing that the neighbour a) has dogs and b) has right of way across the drive.

Also the fence in question belongs to the neighbour so they wouldn't be commiting an offence hitting their own fencing.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by mummysnoo View Post

I can understand the neighbour going off on one, but to swear in a public place is committing an offence under Section 5 of the Public Order Act. If you swear in your garden and only your neighbour hears you it is not an offence but to do so and someone on the street hears you, then yes it is. Same if she damages the bottom of your fence, it’s a criminal offence against Gnasher’s property..

Third thing, if Gnasher’s dog is a wolf hybrid, what has this go to do with anything? Where I walk my dog a woman has 2 and although the first time I met them I felt a bit unsettled but they are just so laid back its unbelieveable, and they both welcome most dogs that come sniffing around them.

I think Gnasher acted appropriately all the way through, the only thing I would have insisted on was a proper invoice from the O/P’s Vet stating the injuries and the charges on the bill.. I would not accept the bill the way it has been posted through the door, and I would query the bill through the address stated on it. It looks like everything has been blown out of proportion and it won’t be solved unless a 3rd party gets involved. It is a hard situation to find themselves in as they live so close to one another.

Gnasher have you thought of writing a letter to them to say your sorry for the upset your dog has caused, if not maybe that’s the way to go, and if you don’t get a reply there’s not much else you can do, just shrug your shoulders and forget it, life’s too short.
Thank you for your lovely remarks. Yes, I have tried on several occasions to verbally apologise, but each time either be told to F off, or that I am F ing arrogant, or she won't rest until my F ing dog is put down. I haven't written a letter of apology, because the insurance company advised against it, because it could be construed in the wrong way. Sadly, very sadly, we have got way, way beyond that point.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Because the wound was bright red/pink tissue. Had it been dark red, therefore suffused with blood, I would have been far more worried because this would have indicated a deeper wound.
But it doesn't matter how deep the wound is... it matter how LARGE the wound is... the amount of blood is irrelevant.

This is the wound my dog had, and it did not bleed one bit (until it was stitched because the skin at the side/top of the wound was ripped from his muscle)...

There is no way that could NOT have been stitched. There is a worse pic, but I didn't want to put that one here.

Obviously the Labs wound was nothing like the size of Jake's, but my point is that the amount of blood means nothing to the seriousness of the wound.

You said...
I can make such an assessment, simply because the wound was not bleeding at all, it was clear to anyone with half a brain that it was simply a skin scrape
Page 26 of 51 « First < 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 36 > Last »