View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2016, 06:26 PM
Son has spoken to the insurance company and he is not covered. They won't pay out for rotten floors and as he did not inform them before he called someone out and they had looked and found the problem he's not covered. Said it is up to them to send someone to investigate. By the time they had sorted something no doubt he would have been flooded. Men have capped the pipe for tonight and tomorrow have to try and replace the stop tap leading into his property as it has ceased so they can then stop the water to repair the problem. I don't know why we have insurance sometimes as the amount of red tape we have to go through. I think it is another company getting out of paying for something they should!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-02-2016, 06:36 PM
Sorry the bone run was a waste of time June.
Hope the internet problems sort themselves soon Moyra.
Oh no Sue what a disaster for your son. Makes you wonder if because of the floods etc., they are trying to get out of smaller claims. Hope he can sort it satisfactorily and without too much cost.

Had a headache on and off all day probably due to waking in the early ours and not being able to get back to sleep. Just had a disaster myself feeding Dillon and a big pyrex dish of raw green tripe newly defrosted today decided to throw itself on the kitchen floor.
Glass and tripe everywhere even in Dillon's coat. No glass though had to convince him to go into the garden so I could clean it all up. he was wanting to eat the tripe for me but it had glass mixed in. All done now and more tripe defrosting.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-02-2016, 07:00 PM
Supervet on now the one show BBC 1.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-02-2016, 07:01 PM
Aw nooo and the smell is appalling, the quicker tripe is eaten the better, it doesn't have to throw itself on the floor and be a nuisance.
Sue, do they mean if he had rung them first they would have covered him? My insurance have a 24 hour emergency thing that I have, so when my cistern overflowed I called them out because I wanted to make sure I was covered, but I rang them first to be put through to the 24 hour people, pretending that I was stupid and didn't realise I could ring direct. Did me no real good in the end though did it, they took 9 hours to get to me!!! Even though they covered the ceiling and lights, of course I had no idea about the floorboards because no one said anything.
Now we have had floods in the village I bet my premium goes up, even though my house was untouched and NOT on the estate that was susceptible to flooding
Girls have had dinosaur bones for tea, switched their lights out but left heat lamps on low as its wet and cold, left a light on outside for a while because I just know there will be one wandering about looking bewildered
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2016, 07:50 PM
I had an appointment for a scan at the hospital for 6-30 this evening.
We left ourselves an hour to get there (normally 25 min journey) Good job we did, we were going out of Brixham and hit a traffic jam. Sat for about 15 mins and then the police diverted us all through the narrow lanes.
I got to the hosp in plenty of time and was called in early. The radiographer told me they were waiting for a motorcyclist from a serious RTA from Brixham
Really hope he was alright.

The good news .... my son rang to say he has won chocolates and flowers for Valentines day for his wife So pleased for them.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-02-2016, 07:56 PM
Nippy, hope your results are OK. Poor motorcyclist:-they always come off worst in an accident
I think there is someone around at the back because the girls keep coming out and standing looking, couple of short barks as well. Have put them back to bed a couple of times. Am keeping my eye on it all. Not going to tell them off because they don't do stuff like that unless there is a reason. Find the odd one outside, but not like this
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2016, 08:01 PM
Oooh spooky I hate it when something like that happens. Good job you have the girls to protect you!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-02-2016, 08:03 PM
Hope results are ok Nippy Jen and the motorcyclist is ok too.
Oooh June hope whoever it is moves on quick and the girls can settle.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-02-2016, 09:11 PM
Everyone's settled down now, just taken in the light I put up outside. Can see Mabs and she is lying down but her head is bolt upright and she is alert, her heatlamp bulb is one of the older ones, the newer ones have a black light so you can't see anything, but the one she has you can see quite clearly, so will keep my eye on her. The others have a black bulb in so you can't see anything really, but Mabs is the Sentinel out of all of them so she will keep watch
Watching Supervet now
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2016, 10:40 PM
Sue, sorry your sons insurance are being a@ses...surely stopping the damage is the most important thing?? They could assess it now surely??
Lynn, hope the headache has gone and sorry you had suicidal tripe
Nippy, I do hope your scan results come back as o.k
TW....you are wise not to tell the girls off, I am saving up for a infrared camera and some cable....desperately want cctv in the loft to look out over the garden and drive...will put my mind at rest
Lol@sash jammers being a band...would recommend anyone to get them, they are pretty cheap and an easy extra security measure...i have found myself worrying about my mum and dad and wanting to sort their security out
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >