Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2008, 11:25 AM

TENS machines

Ok, 3 months on and I'm still suffering (badly) with my sciatica, so decided today to buy a TENS machine. Used it this morning with slight improvement, but on the instructions it says only to be used 1-2 times a day....does anybody know why??

To get even the slightest bit of relief has been great.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2008, 11:33 AM
I got mine from Boots and it says I can use it 5 times a day??? Mine's quite small though, a metal one with different heads?

It's probably because you're going quite deep with the muscle using one of these, so I'm assuming to get the benefit, the muscle then has to act upon the treatment after use? Then it settles down again, and you zap it again with the tens machine to start all over again when it's started the healing process? I'm only assuming here, I really don't know!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-07-2008, 11:47 AM
Tens Machines are a divice that help release your own natural pain relief (endorphins)

So my guess is like any pain relief , you can only take a certion dose daily...
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2008, 12:25 PM
I used to have one on loan from the local hospital and I was told to leave on as long as I needed.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2008, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
I used to have one on loan from the local hospital and I was told to leave on as long as I needed.
Dito, I have one from the hospital, I have no limit on use as far as I know anyway
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2008, 02:19 PM
hope it works for you CC I have hospital Tuesday have constant pins and needles now and severe numbness at night am hoping my operation will be put forward when i see the consultant
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2008, 03:15 PM
Hope the TENS machine helps you, CC. Do let us know.

My granpa has one from the local hospital as well, to try it out. He's had it for a month or so now but says it doesn't help him all that much. I hope he's using it right!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2008, 03:57 PM
We have the kind that you can point and move over the surface area of pain. Baz uses it on his ankle (an old RTA injury) and it really halps. Does help my knee too, but I don't have the patience to sit there for 5 whole minutes doing it.......
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2008, 04:04 PM
i have one hun and i can wear mine for 16hrs straight then have to have a break of 6hrs. so it goes on when i get up and goes off when i go to bed. i can't see why you can only use for little time. i will try and find the paperwork out and see where i got it. I know it cost me £30. with sticky pads. they are good because you can adjust them to your settings and they do work xx
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2008, 05:18 PM
I got mine today from lloyds chemist, it was originally £45 and now down to £15, must admit I tried it a couple of times and I've felt alot better than I've felt for weeks!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >