Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bessey112
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-02-2006, 07:36 PM
Hi,
My oldest son was born on his due date,i went into hospital as was bleeding heavily & they thought there was a problem with him,it turned out to be cervical erosion! Had a row with the midwife as had backache,she told me i was in labour.Gave me 2 paracetamol,checked me over i was 9cm dilated so broke my waters for me,he was born 33 minutes later weighing 7lb 2oz.
After that had 2 m/c both at 16 weeks before i fell with my 2nd son.Started having pains at 2am so phoned the mat unit,contractions 2mins apart so said to get down there as was a 25min drive.Waters broke & he was born 7 minutes later weighing 7lb 8oz,managed 2 puffs of gas before he was born He was 1 day early. With both my boys the tests didnt show until i was 15 weeks,didnt show until i was 6 months gone & had text book pregnancys

Thats the lot for me though as drs think i cant carry girls & after the last m/c feel another 1 could kill me

sarah
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2006, 08:02 PM
first daughter was 11-13 ozs born after 8 hrs of labour, was stiched inside n out 2nd daughter was 9lb born after 6 hrs of labour, a couple of stiches,3rd baby a son 7-13, 4 and 1/2 hrs labour, loads of painkillers n pethadine. 4th baby a daughter, started labour a 6am on the sunday, eventully had her 5-15am on the weds morning 8-7ozs, and with her no pain killers,nothing no stiches sat up and watched her being born, and after i was cleaned up hopped off the bed n walked over to the other bed midwife coulodnt beleive it,was home in 6 hrs and my baby is now almost 19 ahhh where does the time go,but she still likes a mummy hug
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2006, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by bens mum
first daughter was 11-13 ozs born after 8 hrs of labour, was stiched inside n out 2nd daughter was 9lb born after 6 hrs of labour, a couple of stiches,3rd baby a son 7-13, 4 and 1/2 hrs labour, loads of painkillers n pethadine. 4th baby a daughter, started labour a 6am on the sunday, eventully had her 5-15am on the weds morning 8-7ozs, and with her no pain killers,nothing no stiches sat up and watched her being born, and after i was cleaned up hopped off the bed n walked over to the other bed midwife coulodnt beleive it,was home in 6 hrs and my baby is now almost 19 ahhh where does the time go,but she still likes a mummy hug
11lb 13oz YOUCH rather you than me hun,, god i hope this one doesnt get that big
willow_pheonix
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-02-2006, 09:32 AM
well i have one child and 3 dogs speaks volumes that.I had a perfect preganancy, a bit of nausea at first, no cravings or anything else i was just huge, the docs thought i would have a 10llb + baby. Kyle was due on the 30th sept. He thought otherwise. I was taken in on the 18th oct. and induced. I was given the gel, about 4 pm yup it started me but with some twinges, got more gel, no use. Had the best bath of my life, the midwife said it would be a while to get some sleep, i couldn't. So next morning my waters were broke with what looked like a giant crochet hook ( I remember seeing the plants being suported with these ) contraction got stronger but i didn't dilate, so they gave me the dripabout 5 pm bad idea i took an allergic reaction to it and kyle's heartbeat was a bit erratic,I was given an epidural that went wrong, it took 3 of them before it sited only to find out after it took hold and the anaethetist had one off shift it only worked on one side of my body, it turned out i had been given a spinal block and would need another one sited. they tried other things before i went into shock with the drip, Then they decided an emergency c- section, wow was i so relieved as i had full blown contractions from 8 am. so off to theartre and kyle was delivered 27 & 1/2 hours later. Everything was fine until i had an urge to go to the loo a few hours later which the nurse dismmissed, as they had catherterised me for the op. After nagging her for about 10 mins with legs closed tight i got to go, and promptly haemoraged about 4 pts of blood. so back to theartre to stop the bleeding no time for anaesthetic i was up in the clouds anyway, there was gas and air but that made me sick, Got the bleeding stopped, and i stayed in high dependency for a while ( i was so out of it i can't remember how long, and kyle went to the s.c.b.u. as he was jaundiced. I had to have several transfusions. The hospital allowed me to sign myself out after 7 days but only if i agrreed to a doctor, health visitor and midwife visiting every day. Kyle weighed 8llb 2 oz and was 1cm short of 2 feet long no wonder he couldn't get out lol i'm only a wee soul at 5"3 lol. They should use me for contraceptive advice in school lol. It hasn't really put me off having kids, i'm just not a maternal person and it's not the hosps. fault, i'm atopic and allergic to a heck of a lot of drugs and food. I'm glad i'm fine with animals which is odd
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5