Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JackieandMia
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
I'm just going on what the OP said. The owner of the dog wanted the OP to leave their details to pass on to the insurers so the insurers could claim the excess from OP, so I presumed a cheque to the insurers would achieve the same thing but would get the whole situation resolved and over and done with before the owner changed his mind again, rather than OP waiting on tenterhooks for the insurers to get in touch or for the owner to come back and say they want more money.
I read it as he wanted her to pay the excess now and for the insurers to claim the rest back from her. It could be that she worded it wrong so i stand corrected if i'm wrong.
borderladysue
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-12-2010, 11:44 AM
Is the OP going to hand her vets bill over to him as suggested by some others on here, i certainly would, it makes sense to me.
Tass
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by JackieandMia View Post
I read it as he wanted her to pay the excess now and for the insurers to claim the rest back from her. It could be that she worded it wrong so i stand corrected if i'm wrong.
That's how I read it too.
The insurers don't pay the excess. If it's considered to be the POs fault (I'm not saying it is) the insurers would be looking to reclaim their loss from the OP, i.e whatever they paid out to their client/the other dog owner.

It would be down to the owner of the other dog, not the insurance company, to try to reclaim the excess from the OP.
mtc
New Member!
Female 

01-12-2010, 05:42 PM
he now says he wants nothing from me but my name and address so that the insurers can claim back their money (all of the bill I presume).

he has stated he will not speak to me again.

I have no choice but to wait and see what happens.

and the third party was neither the vet or the insurers... it was someone we both know but is not involved in any way.
rk.evan
New Member!
Male 

10-01-2016, 09:26 AM
its really shocking , i think you must pay for this ...buy , one things i have to say you, is your dog so angry? then you should control her otherwise it will be a big deal for you ,, so take step now
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-01-2016, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by rk.evan View Post
its really shocking , i think you must pay for this ...buy , one things i have to say you, is your dog so angry? then you should control her otherwise it will be a big deal for you ,, so take step now
This is a posting from 2010 ... 5 years ago, so any comments now are irrelevant!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-01-2016, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by chlosmum View Post
This is a posting from 2010 ... 5 years ago, so any comments now are irrelevant!
Was thinking the same thing Babara poor dog might not even be living now.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2016, 11:29 AM
Ha...I was reading this whole thing and was going to comment, since it was a "new" post. And then got to the end. LOL

I kind of wonder what happened.

I know I would have told the guy to stuff it and not paid a cent. Both dogs were off lead. Both dogs have a history with the other. Both dogs were injured. I take care of mine, you take care of yours. It's like an accident in the parking lot where there are no clear road rules. It's declared 50/50 and your insurance takes care of only your own car.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4