Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2008, 01:57 AM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
I am delighted that you also agree with my WHOLE point that this thread should NOT be inflammatory, which is a good thing [/B]
I also feel post should not to be borderline abusive and non-constructive, which is the point I have tried to make throughout this thread!
Absolutely, and something I have not disagreed with
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-03-2008, 02:04 AM
Anne-Marie give it a rest. Your still going on about something that happen 50 posts ago.

We have all moved on since then.
Your getting as bad as my Michelle, because she doesn't know when to stop either.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-03-2008, 09:26 AM
Whether you like his "type" or not ....Personally I think he if fabulous...thank you Dawn for the picture explanation of the European v UK dog(head)

But one thing that dog is not....he is NOT undershot.....

This is an undershot jaw..

Another fabulous Continental head

Hope you dont mind me putting this up in your thread, but I thought it may help explain the difference between overshot and undershot.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2008, 09:56 AM

Colin, explain why you see an undershot jaw in the above picture? If he had an undershot jaw then his bottom lip would be level or forward of his top lip.
That clearly isn't the case here.
Becky
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2008, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post

Colin, explain why you see an undershot jaw in the above picture? If he had an undershot jaw then his bottom lip would be level or forward of his top lip.
That clearly isn't the case here.
Becky
Id forgotten that picture Becky, it shows exactly the bottom jaw NOT level nor undershot.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2008, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Whether you like his "type" or not ....Personally I think he if fabulous...thank you Dawn for the picture explanation of the European v UK dog(head)

But one thing that dog is not....he is NOT undershot.....

This is an undershot jaw..

Another fabulous Continental head

Hope you dont mind me putting this up in your thread, but I thought it may help explain the difference between overshot and undershot.
Thats a beautiful Boxer head!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

29-03-2008, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Thats a beautiful Boxer head!
Yes I think so, he is Millie's daddy

A Belgium import.

Just to add,

An undershot jaw is one in which the bottom jaw is longer than the upper jaw.

An overshot jaw is one in which the upper jaw is longer than the lower
Bilclarie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-03-2008, 08:27 PM
Evening All

No I haven't left the forum I just slopped off to Luxembourg this weekend for a dog show,Well what has Merlin started on here there seems to be a split on his bite, and when I have someone here to take the picture of his perfect sissor bite I will, as it will be just a tad difficult to do it by my self, but I can assure all you folk who think he hasn't got one that he has all my dogs have, would you like a picture of all there bites? that way if I was to put another one of my dogs on you would have seen there mouths already.
Merlin isn't perfect as someone else has pointed out theres no such thing as a perfect dog not even in Germany Colin where Merlin cannot be shown anyway as he is cropped but then being an expert you would have known that, Merlin does have smudge marks on his chest but it isn't a fault, as he does have colour there but as his and most of europes dogs have a darker tan than a UK bred dog it's difficult to see unless you are up close to him, Merlin was graded excellent 1 for confirmation he also took 1st place that day in his class (intermediere) for his overall confirmation which going back to it includes correct bite coat movement eyes etc etc etc.
I don't have to justify anything to anyone where my dogs are concerned but just to prove the point when as I have said already I have someone here to take the photo I will.

Mo and the Gang xx
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2008, 08:53 PM
He's fab (apart from the ears )
Becky
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

30-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Lovely dog, and I am glad you put him up for critique.

Its nice to see a European dog added to the list.

And on a personal note, I do not support cropping, but I can still admire a good head with a good crop....

A good crop makes a good head stunning..
Page 9 of 13 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »