Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2014, 07:55 AM
Another glorious morning.
Helena I'm pleased that Dave arrived home safely, probably wishes he hadn't now that a trip to Dunelm is on the cards Pity you aren't closer, Brian would come and do your garden, he's never happier than when he is gardening.
Morning Moyra doesn't it make you cross when you realise you could have had another hour or more in bed. Hope that balloon appears today!
Morning Bev, hope you have a great day it all sounds fun I shall be on the look out for a GSD in a baseball cap on my travels today
Good morning Lynn can't believe you have got rain, it is far from it here. Sounds like you will need a nanny nap later.
Morning Norma would you like another frog to join the box!!
Morning LS poor Loki, hugs from me and Peps. You're another one who will need a nanny nap later

Well I hope you all have a great day I will be back later.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-06-2014, 07:57 AM
Morning all - still cannot see well so just trying a ketchup then think bed as head bad think still concussed.

Linda - I am so sorry about Loki - do not know what else to say. Cut the Seresto Collar off Pereg as I am sure that caused the problems but she is still "strange" if you know what I mean. Hope Loki will be OK. Sending much love from us both. xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2014, 08:03 AM
Morning all those I missed and I've only just popped back in whilst waiting for Dave to get his act together having walked Zena, to say a big Hi to Norma who I've missed so very much on here with your tales of those muppets

Hope Amber passes that balloon, sorry to hear about poor Loki again Linda ((((hugs)))), let's hope he gets ovr it all quickly like he always does.

LOL Jen, he doesn't look too enthusiastic I must say!!!

Hi Lynn, I'm sure you'll be out in the garden today watching Dillon digging his holes to cool down.

Gotta go now cos Dave's moved from his chair...
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2014, 08:31 AM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Oh Bev, have a lovely day sounds like fun up where you live now. Maybe, I should move that way. Lovely picture of Harley. He is a beautiful dog and it seems so strange that he should need rehoming the way he has when he is so perfect. It must have been a wrench for his previous owners surely. I wonder what his history was.

Moyra he was rescued from a place in Ireland and bought over to England with his mother, They had both been badly beaten and starved.
considering the hell he went through for over 2 years he is an amazing dog with not a nasty bone in his body. He is just a big cuddly teddy bear.
So no wrench for his previous owners, they just missed having two wafer thin starved dogs they could beat ten buckets of s**t out of.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2014, 09:26 AM
Sat here waiting for Archway Man. I've decided to leave him to dig the rest of honeysuckle and jasmine up. Did get some sleep after taking co codemol and rubbing my back with iB gel, but was awake early with it, then just dozed, till finally decided I needed to get up anyway to sort girls out etc
Was lovely and sunny here, girls got umbrella up etc and I'm sat with all the doors open waiting for The Man. Gone very overcast and grey, it better not rain as he's putting concrete down Plan is to get girls out onto the river in shifts this morning, once The Man is started, had tea/cold drink/whaddever.
Linda, I hope Loki is fine for Carys's Big Day tomorrow, you just didn't need this did you. I'm sure the rehearsal will go fine today, and tomorrow will be a wonderful experience for the whole family, fingers crossed you've still got the sunshine for the piccies after.
Mine have slept outside most of last night Lynn, I can tell by all the bones that have been brought out to keep them from starving till brekkie time. I keep moving the old ones, but they always find more. Mind you they all had a mahoosive bone each for tea last night, so thats added another 4. I'll be having another clear out I think, I do leave the big ones out for a while as they like to chew on them even when there's nothing left, and I like to think it stops them eating one of their houses. Cariad and Lona had a squabble this morning, I feed everyone in specific places and they all have their backs to each other, was just putting their umbrella up when all hell let loose because Lona (greedy cow) had finished hers and decided to walk over and try and take Cariad's (she is a slow eater and likes to savour her food) well she didn't take kindly to that one bit. Managed to drag Lona out of Cariad's dish and then moved dish so Cariad could finish off and Lona got told off, not that she cared Everyone settled for their morning sleep before walks now and no grumbling
Lynn I'm sure I remember someone, a good few years back now, getting a cool bed for their dog,not sure how it worked though, maybe Dillon would be more comfortable on one.
Helena, I do hope that the finger you knocked is now OK, it sort of reverberates through your body doesn't it, sets your teeth on edge. Glad the car sale went through OK, Dave and the AA got home safely and all is well. Did they find out what was wrong, or has Dave got it sorted now. Best of luck in Dunelms today, the world and his wife will be in there today, not surprised Dave is going a whiter shade of pale, not a place I would want to venture either. You're stuck at the moment though really, unless Dave takes you places, you are housebound, unless you get a taxi in the week I suppose.
Glad to hear you decided to take the Seresto collar off Pereg, Malka, everything I read made me feel it was a contributory factor to her seizures, and with the added knock on effect of what happened to you, and you ended up in hospital in the small hours, well just thank goodness the doctor came out for you, thats all I can say.
Have a lovely day today Bev, sorry you've got to work for a couple of hours, normally the weekend is yours isn't it, but sounds like you're going to have not only a lovely afternoon but a great night out as well.
Moyra, I'm sure that balloon will be appearing at some point, I've heard of dogs eating all sorts and it appearing out the other end to the astonishment of the owner.
Did you see that link I put up about Sanatogen tonic wine for you, they have it in Tesco, so if you're getting an online shop from them anyway you may as well give it a go.
Sounds as though your legs are lots better since you got rid of the statins.
Norma, you are sadly missed these days, hope you are OK up there in the wilds of Bonnie Scotland, and look forward to hearing from you soon
Nippy, could Brian perhaps get up here when he's got a spare week, and sort MY garden out. How's Tango, where've you been with him lately.
Still no Archway Man, and its getting darker and darker here
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2014, 10:16 AM
Well I'm still sat awaiting Archway Man, now at a stage where I really need to get the girls out. Am doing 2 shifts onto the river, if I don't start now it will be late afternoon by the time I'm done. To say I'm livid is an understatement.
I'm just going to have to go aren't I, 10am -10.30am is NOT gone 11 am and no phone call to say delayed or anything.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2014, 11:27 AM
Bev, What a start to life for poor Harley. He was lucky then to be rescued from that living hell. No wonder he adores Charly and Ash.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-06-2014, 11:38 AM
At the risk of being banned, I do not care about those who ignore me, and you know who you are.

But this is a dog forum and I have a very sick dog. And you ignore her?

I mean you do not have to say anything about my eye and the 20 stitches but do none of you care about Pereg?

Now get me banned and join your pals on bf who have tried to do that for months.

But PRAY for my Pereg who is real bad.

Unless of course you do not care because she is only mine therefore she does not matter, does she.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2014, 12:32 PM
Archway Man finally appeared as soon as I left the room to wash up and sort girls out. He dug up the rest of honeysuckle and jasmine, you'd have thought I was asking him to give blood though Asked if he was OK if I took Mabs and Keshi out and he said yes no problem.
Took Mabs and Keshi onto the river, when I got back, job done and he'd gone!!! Took Cariad and Lona out onto the river then, everyone had a nice soak (apart from Cariad but even SHE got her undercarriage wet) and lay outside under the umbrella with cold bones and citronella candles.
Garden is now officially a disaster area.
Probably take me the rest of the week to sort it.
Going to paint the fence etc and the Archway before I plant anything, but got to go out first.
Have just made, and eaten, a bacon and cheese barmcake and having a cup of tea, then must pop out for a brush for the fence paint as forgot yesterday, then I will do an hour before I have a likkle nap because by then my body will be screaming abuse at me.
Malka, I DID acknowledge you this morning and answer you, so not me.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2014, 01:40 PM
Dave survived Dunelms although my purse got hit bad, really bad, but we've now decked the van out with bright red and white throws on the sofa, beautiful new bright, summery cushions and me and the cleaning lady stood there and stared at how different just a few new soft furnishings had made the lounge so much nicer and brighter. Even Dave had to agree, and best of all, he spotted a big cushion instore which had on it "Dogs welcome - Owners Tolerated" LOL they'll love that will my guests, and it's got pride of place in the middle of the sofa.

Clouding over now, but at least that means it's cooling down.

Will take pics next week for the website and show you how luffly it all looks now.

Better get this washing in I think, cos it sure is going dark now
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »