Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 06:33 AM

Right, Who Gave Me The Lurgy?

There's been so many people with bad colds, ear/chest infections that I've come to the conclusion that they're contractable via Dogsey, what other explanation is there?

I had a bit of a cold yesterday and not been anywhere to pick it up. Then, this morning I wake up with a streaming cold and covered in a rash all up my arms, neck, legs and chest. It itches like anything and I've rubbed it raw in the night, tiny little red dots they are and as itchy as a gnatbite.

I have a theory, its either due to stress re house move, (although I feel excited rather than stressed), or I've developed a severe allergy to ex and all that goes with him.

I've not changed my washing powder, or anything like that, and it does look like an allergy rash rather than anything contagious like measles etc. Does anyone know if piriton or similar would be ok to take?

A word of warning, any wise cracks and I'll send some spores down the internet structure and infect the culprits.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 06:55 AM
Piriton should be fine to take Sheree. It'll ease the itching at least. Hope you feel better soon hon xox
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 06:57 AM
Thanks Vicki, I've always got some in for the doggies so I shall go and raid their chest immediately.
Speak later , Sheree x
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 07:33 AM
Oops, probably me that passed on the lurgy through Dogsey
One word of advice, if you need to see the doctor, go today. Don't end up at the emergency docs like I did on Christmas Eve, it was a nightmare.
Feel better soon. xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 07:39 AM
Nice to see you've owned up Jackie
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Nice to see you've owned up Jackie
It's all about sharing
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 09:08 AM
Thanks guys, I don't feel too bad actually, just a bit sniffly now but very itchy.

Just spoke to my mum who has told me that there is a virus going around their area which includes a rash! Although none of them have it I may well have caught it on Christmas day.

Thought I'd pop to the docs this afternoon, feel a bit naughty going when I don't feel ill but I don't want to get caught out like you did Jackie, what a nightmare.

Glad you're feeling a bit better, the fresh air will do you good.
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 10:30 AM
Sorry to hear your feeling unwell . I had the flu a few weeks ago. I was off work for a whole week.
With the virus's these days you get so many different symptoms.
Hope you get better soon (((((hugs)))))
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Thanks guys, I don't feel too bad actually, just a bit sniffly now but very itchy.

Just spoke to my mum who has told me that there is a virus going around their area which includes a rash! Although none of them have it I may well have caught it on Christmas day.

Thought I'd pop to the docs this afternoon, feel a bit naughty going when I don't feel ill but I don't want to get caught out like you did Jackie, what a nightmare.

Glad you're feeling a bit better, the fresh air will do you good.
Definitely get yourself to the docs, won't do you any harm. Don't get caught like me. At least today you'll get your own GP and will get a prescription if you need it.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 04:55 PM
Been to docs and must apologise to all, none of you are to blame for my lurgy, I've got nettle rash its also called urturcia or something.

Course, me being simple thought a nettle or something had stung me when picking up in the paddock and I'd had a reaction to it.

Apparently it can be caused by all sorts of things such as foods, washing powders etc, even things that you are normally ok with, but he also said that it can be caused by stress and thinks that is what has caused mine. Anyway, I've just got to take piriton to relieve the itching, (and boy does it itch, I've got it everywhere now, even in my ears and on my scalp), and if there isn't an improvement within a week of being on the piriton he'll do some blood tests but I don't know what for, he didn't seem too concerned other than the fact that I had got myself into such a state.

Fortunately my cold is just that, nothing to worry about on that front either.

Some more good news, I've been trying to lose weight and, over the last 10 weeks that I asked him to monitor me I've lost 1 stone 4 lb He says I shouldn't try to lose anymore but we'll see about that, got to make the most of it if I'm on a roll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >