Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-07-2016, 07:53 AM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Exactly!! That's my point ... pharmaceutical companies deliberately and cynically lump everything together to ensure that vets boost annually - in order to get the lepto and parvo cover. It must be possible to isolate the vaccines for these two diseases so that dogs only need annual boosters for these ... but it is more profitable for them to continue with their current practice. It is disgraceful in my opinion.
When my lot last had a booster, which was years ago now, I had a chat with the vet over exactly was being given and it was just the lepto and parvo at that stage. The vaccination record reflects that. So it looks like this

1st annual booster Nobivac DHPPi + Nobivac Lepto 2
2nd annual booster NobivacŪ Pi + Nobivac Lepto 2
3rd annual booster Nobivac Pi + Nobivac Lepto 2
4th annual booster Nobivac DHPPi + Nobivac Lepto 2

Lepto 2 has now been upgraded to Lepto 4 as a further two strains are covered.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

18-07-2016, 07:55 AM
I don't treat for fleas, never had an issue with them since my Prt died and Worms I treat once a year, just as well as Teddy did have worms when I took him on at 7 months, never had an issue since.
Seacrow
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-07-2016, 10:31 AM
Unless you have a dog who is immunologically challenged, or suffers from a immunological genetic disorder, I can see no reason to vaccinate any longer
I am somewhat amused by this, since I have a dog with an immune mediated condition, and the vets won't vaccinate her because of it. I would prefer that every other dog was vaccinated so Willow is then protected by a guaranteed herd immunity, but I can see that is a little selfish.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2016, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
When my lot last had a booster, which was years ago now, I had a chat with the vet over exactly was being given and it was just the lepto and parvo at that stage. The vaccination record reflects that. So it looks like this

1st annual booster Nobivac DHPPi + Nobivac Lepto 2
2nd annual booster NobivacŪ Pi + Nobivac Lepto 2
3rd annual booster Nobivac Pi + Nobivac Lepto 2
4th annual booster Nobivac DHPPi + Nobivac Lepto 2

Lepto 2 has now been upgraded to Lepto 4 as a further two strains are covered.
Going back some 20 years now when Hal was a wee lad, our vet at the time put in a huge amount of legwork to try and find just lepto and parvo vaccine but she drew a blank. Are you telling me that now these are possible Trouble, because if so that is excellent news and I will get Ben done.

Thanx xx
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2016, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by Seacrow View Post
I am somewhat amused by this, since I have a dog with an immune mediated condition, and the vets won't vaccinate her because of it. I would prefer that every other dog was vaccinated so Willow is then protected by a guaranteed herd immunity, but I can see that is a little selfish.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but surely dogs can carry viruses and bacteria even if they have been vaccinated? I'm probably being thick, but brain not working well at the moment!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

18-07-2016, 01:24 PM
Going back some 20 years now when Hal was a wee lad, our vet at the time put in a huge amount of legwork to try and find just lepto and parvo vaccine but she drew a blank. Are you telling me that now these are possible Trouble, because if so that is excellent news and I will get Ben done.

Thanx xx
As boosters yes, have been for years, how they differ from primary vaccines no clue,like I say apart from puppy jabs and first booster I no longer vaccinate at all. Dogs can still get Lepto even when vaccinated as it's like the flu vaccine it only covers certain strains and tbh I think it only lasts 6 months anyway.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2016, 04:11 PM
Thanx matey ... my policy is to stay away from vets wherever possible so I think I will continue along my present tack of no more vacccine
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2