Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-07-2014, 06:54 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Sunday).

Morning everyone. Bit grey looking out there today.
I hope it doesn't rain I have some new plants I bought to put in.
Very noisy here last night next door but one had a party in the garden and at just gone 11 it sounded like world war 3 had broken out. Huge noisy banging fireworks that lit the sky up. I thought they were in no.5 or the pub then loads of loud music till early hours. Still they don't make a habit of it... Hopefully.
Apart from putting some new plants in and tidying the garden and Gorden finishing off making the cupboard like fort Knox not sure what we are up to today. Somewhere along the way there will be toad in the hole for dinner.

Helena hope you aren't over working the finger .
Nippy Jen enjoy lunch with the family and don't over do it.
All other achy feeling poorly peeps get well soon. Furrie friends too.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2014, 07:19 AM
Hi Lynn and everyone.
Lynn I hope your neighbours don't make a habit of partying. You don't mind once in a blue moon but not every weekend. Poor old Dillon is going to be really confined isn't he

My mouth is much better and I'm hoping I will be able to eat my dinner. Chicken today so it shouldn't be too difficult.

Moyra,I hope you have managed to get a good night, and you Helena with that finger.
LS I hope Loki is ok today and leaving that foot alone.
Emma hope you are feeling happier today.
Everyone else, have a good day, see ya all later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-07-2014, 07:39 AM
Morning Nippy Jen. Enjoy lunch and glad those teef feel good. Chicken and all the trimmings with lots of gravy should go down nicely especially if liquidised.
Dillon has the garden back this is the cupboard in the kitchen which we think the rat may of been accessing to get into the kitchen from outside of the conservatory then using the gap left between the wall and the cupboard to get in and out between the end of the cupboard and the back door. That has now been filled with mastic the gaps in the cupboard filled in with wood and the gaps need filling with mastic. The holes they dug to get under the conservatory have now been cemented the hole so small beside the conservatory and next doors fence panel has been concreted and a some hard core left under the conifers which looked like it my of been dug out for den concreted so they can't in or out if they are in there they are tuck hopefully. So all that and the rat repellers surely they will feel very unwelcome. Never any food left out either and all crumbs from during the day all cleaned up before going up to bed.
Where Dillon got through has the wind breaks down the side for now till we can sort out some panels so once again it the garden looks a bit like an untidy beach.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-07-2014, 07:55 AM
Hi all I am back from my ramblings in Devon with the three little ones .

Nippy there are some lovely attractions down there for children, my favourite was Watermouth castle...

http://www.watermouthcastle.com/open...nd_prices.html
.. it is quite one of the nicest places I have ever been too with delights around every corner .
Little Hannah aged 3 loved it all including the dungeons and witches The twins aged 4 were little less eager to go in the dark places .

I hope to go back there another year and spend more time there. It is all kept in immaculate order.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-07-2014, 07:57 AM
Morning Meg glad you had a lovely holiday.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2014, 08:02 AM
Meg I have never heard of Watermouth Castle, I suppose because it is the other coast. It looks great though and I am going to have a good look at that page when I have time.
We would never be able to take Kyla there, she gets so travel sick, even with sickness bands on which is quite surprising. Maybe when she is a little older. Glad you all had a good time.

Lynn, oh my life, I had forgotten the rats Sounds like you are doing a good job of blocking them though.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2014, 08:05 AM
Good morning All pushing myself to write this. I am not doing too well on this cold turkey at all because of my diabetes and not eating. I tried to have breakfast this morning but it made me feel sick so just going to have a few grapes and go and lie down again. It has left me so weak, I am losing weight though. Day 4 without any pain med except the odd ibuprofen to help at night. Still very shakey, sweaty and sicky feeling. Must drink more water.

Will catch up when I can. I shall contact docs tomorrow but please don't jamb the thread with responses because it might be putting others off posting. When I am well and cheery enough I'll be back
Meg
Supervisor

06-07-2014, 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Meg glad you had a lovely holiday.
Thank you Lynn I am shattered having done all the cooking and food prep and the three little ones seem to take it in turn to have a tantrum

Living alone I am not used to a lot of noise and the noise levels were ear-splitting at times. It was fun though...

On the beach with Nanna

Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2014, 08:18 AM
Good morning everyone.

Raining today - was beginning to wonder if we ever got rain here as it has been so hot and the grass is beginning to die. Soon pick up though.

Moyra hope you soon get through this awful period - the only way is up so keep positive.

Decorating going well on some sort of schedule Only the walls to paint and new carpet in the dining room and then I can get rid of a whole load more boxes and his lordship

Off to see my sister today - went and tidied her house last Sunday and then left my handbag there. Having put her keys through the letterbox unable to get back in. Have been surviving on OH credit card

Have a good day everyone
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

06-07-2014, 08:23 AM

Only one get up for Da Booga during the night and it was A Good Thing because when I had gotten into the salon to clip her on and open the door I realised that I had left the air-con on - luckily it was not set on a very low temperature and these small wall ones do not use much electricity. She went out again when it was pill time then back to bed but I did not sleep for long as I probably did not need it - so I am feeling rather virtuous as the bed has been stripped, the washing done and now in the dryer, and I am showered and dressed and feeling rather bouncy as well as virtuous!

Lynn - I guess the occasional party and noise is OK - as long as it is only occasional. Luckily we rarely have loud parties here, and they usually finish well before midnight.

I hope all your rat-proofing efforts are successful - I do not fancy the idea of rats around at all. Mice I can cope with, rats? No way!

Nippy - I hope your mouth is not too sore to enable you to eat and enjoy your chicken dinner! I am having cold poached fish with salad for my main meal today - might go and see if the macolet has any fresh lettuce in but not really bothered as I prefer shredded white cabbage as the base for my mixed salads!

Meg - I am glad you had an enjoyable holiday - did you take the three little ones by yourself? If you did you must have been exhausted by the time you had gotten home!

Moyra - I hope you do manage to eat, because of your diabetes - and I hope your pain is not too bad without the strong painkillers now.

I hope everyone has a good day whatever they have planned, and that the sun shines on you all.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >