View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2015, 12:05 PM
deagan is still dry!!! need to order a top piece for her harness as she is nearly too big for the one i have, great that you can just buy components of it instead of the whole thing
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2015, 01:12 PM
Hello everyone, the silly bgr spent the rest of the night in his van and froze, why I do not know! Practicing for when he his homeless maybe! I am too tired to argue with him any more. I just need peace.

Have a good day everyone, God bless. love to you all.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-01-2015, 01:17 PM
Just read the late posts from last night. Moyra - Really hope that you are OK today. That son of yours is 53 and should be acting like a fully grown man - not a spoilt child! Get rid of him, son or no son, he does not have the right to make your, or anybody else's life a misery! Please take care of yourself and Amber, look to the future, sort out your accomodation. Say goodbye to that parasite! He's no good for you! Best wishes and prayers for your health and happiness. Gordon.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-01-2015, 01:23 PM
Cross posted with you there Moyra - Hope he blerdy well froze, serve him right. Deserves much worse than a bit of cold for his continued behaviour. Don't you go feeling sorry for him he has brought it down on his own head, "As you sow, so shall you reap!"
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2015, 01:28 PM
Moyra, tell him to gget his gear and go, who the hell does he think he is? I would never have behaved like that as a teenager and i was trouble! He is 53, he should act his age and if he wants to sleep in his van...let him. I think he is pathetic, tell him to go report homeless to the council, they will put him in a hostel and he can sort himself out from there...maybe then he will realize how lucky he was and how good he had things with you
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-01-2015, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Hello everyone, the silly bgr spent the rest of the night in his van and froze, why I do not know! Practicing for when he his homeless maybe! I am too tired to argue with him any more. I just need peace.

Have a good day everyone, God bless. love to you all.
Moyra is it just the two of you.

Having brought my son up alone (his father had a stroke when he was 6 weeks old) I know it can be difficult having an adult son in the house . When mine came back from University he was really bolshi and difficult to live with .
I realised later that was all part of him wanting to leave home and be independant but at the same time feeling an obligation to me which was preventing him from doing so.
It was almost as though he subconsciously though the nastier he was the less I would miss his going . He had of course left home once to go to Uni and I cried for a week when he did.
This going was different though , this was forever
It's amazing what we will put up with when the fear of the unknown looms before us.

He took a shared house with three friend and after a week of feeling 'bereaved' for my lost son I picked myself up and got on with it. Our relationship improved from then on.
He came home one more time, the night before his wedding .

Moyra I guess what I am trying to say is have a good think what you really want to happen and sit down with your son calmly and with no animosity between you and talk things through (hugs)
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2015, 01:52 PM
So sad for you Moyra. Take Care. Norma I prefer doglets to train. Men,well they can be difficult they have to know boundaries, but so do some women. Eventually got the car door defrosted and went to training. The pups are a joy and the owners are very attentive. Makes it all worth while. Off for a coffee now as haven't had one since this morning. Take care everyone.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-01-2015, 01:53 PM
Believe me I know how hard all of this is for you, I've been there myself and fell for the sympathy card, and look what happened, make sure there is no way your credit card details can be found and taken and there is nothing that can be accessed, change all passwords and pin numbers, because the next step is the disappearing act, where you go frantic and then find out the worst thing you can imagine has happened, and you have been taken for a fool. If he was really bothered about you then he would be giving practical help walking Amber, doing the heavy stuff, and he's not doing that is he, just expecting you to buy the beer and ciggies and abusing your good heart, please Moyra listen to everybody, not just me saying it now is it. I've fell for it twice over, once with my son and once with someone I thought was a friend and helped them, its the anniversary of my mother's death next week, so makes it 3 years since I lent THEM money to help when they were in desperate straits, and never seen that money and probably never will. My heart is now hardened and my front door is locked and bolted!!!!
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-01-2015, 03:35 PM
Moyra please listen to the voices of experience on here and you must put yourself and your well being before your son. This situation must be physically and mentally exhausting for you. I'm afraid along with TWs advice I would also be changing the locks. I'm glad I stuck to dogs!!

Had my own mini drama here. Was in the supermarket minding my own business when I got a text from the OH saying one of the dogs had eaten a painkiller of his. I've been nagging him for ages to be careful as I often find stray tablets (he takes loads of stuff) under the bed that he's dropped. Thinking time is of the essence I gave him the number of the village vet. He rang & they were closed. Later I realised it wasn't the actual surgery number but in his panic he didn't know the dialling code (local) or where it was. So I rang our surgery and explained he was in a dither etc etc. I dashed home forgetting half the stuff on my list and eventually I saw out the upstairs window he'd returned. He was straightening out the covers in the back of the car but I couldn't see the dog so I panicked thinking the worst...... I opened the front door & in she trotted, phew. They given her a jab to make her sick. The vet said she MIGHT have been ok but given OH's fragile state atm I didn't want to risk it so £90 later .....(beam me up scottie is it wine o'clock yet)

Brenda, hope the training went ok and not too many people cried off due to the weather.
Nippy don't feel guilty about abandoning the housework. It'll still be there tomorrow.
Mandy how did your weigh in go. I thought I'd put on 4kg til I took all my clothes off.
Norma I love steak pie. OH not a pastry lover. I love those Fray Bentos tins but can never open them!
Griff hope your family members are on the mend.
Meg hope the marmalade making goes well. I made blackberry jam last year, weren't such a glut this time.

It tried to snow earlier but seems to have cleared away now - GOOD! I hate the bluddy stuff. Roll on Spring.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-01-2015, 03:41 PM
Twix, what a performance. Get yourself some charcoal in from either Pets@Home or Jolleys as it absorbs any poisons as its going through. I always have a bag of those bonio sized charcoal bones in, not at the moment unfortunately as I used them when Mabs and Keshi were poorly the other week and handed them out to all of them as wasn't sure it was infectious or not. When I go up to the wholesalers for shavings (which will be next week the way I'm using it in this cold weather) I'll get another bag of them. The suns well over the yardarm so you're entitled to a snifter in my book, you must be on the ragged edge there. Threaten to chop OH's hands off if he doesn't start keeping the pills and potions in a draw!!!! That'll larn him I LOVE snow
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »