Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2008, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by ShaynLola View Post
If you look at some of Jessica's old posts, you will see lots of photos of a Novia Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever (Toller) puppy. This dog no longer seems to feature among Jessica's current kennel so it would seem that she too was passed on/returned to breeder for some reason or another.

this was jessica's anwser when questioned where amber had gone off her pics

Thanks everyone! My doggies and those replies definately cheered me up

We did have Amber the toller yes Unfortunately she didnt make it as a show dog for various reasons so she is currently back with her breeder in training to be a gundog, and apparently she is very good!! She always was a fantastic retriever! He's hoping to compete her in trials which, if he does, we will go along to see her as it would be lovely to see her working properly!
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Thanks for clearing that up, Kirstie.

So, the dogs are pets first and show dogs second, eh? Have to say, it really is coming across that they are show dogs first and someone else's problem if they're not
MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by shiba View Post
this was jessica's anwser when questioned where amber had gone off her pics

Thanks everyone! My doggies and those replies definately cheered me up

We did have Amber the toller yes Unfortunately she didnt make it as a show dog for various reasons so she is currently back with her breeder in training to be a gundog, and apparently she is very good!! She always was a fantastic retriever! He's hoping to compete her in trials which, if he does, we will go along to see her as it would be lovely to see her working properly!
I'm not defending the Izzy debacle, far from it. It is a disgrace. However, re-homing a show dog to a working home if the dog has sufficient drive is sensible and the kind thing to do. I have always felt for working types in show homes: quite unreasonable IMHO.

Mary
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2008, 09:36 PM
I'm not as knowledgeable as most of you about the world of showdogs, breeding etc but it doesn't sit well with me I have to say.
I've had to reluctantly rehome a dog and we've all seen people on here tear themselves up when having to make that decision so I just couldn't rehome a pet dog I had personally bought/rescued whatever....esp when I've worked with her through some problems and offered her routine and security..... esp when she's had her pups and been a good Mum.... esp when it was my fault she got in that position.

I assume the pugs are now living with Jess at her new home, and maybe her pet lab, so why isn't there now room for Izzy back her Mum's with the others so she can stay lying on the couch that she thinks is home?
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2008, 09:40 PM
I cant understand why the Opening poster is buy/breeding if they do not have the room in the home/kennel, wether they are showdogs or not.surely when they got the DTR they were too crowded then, going by the respone over IZZY?

mo
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by mo View Post
I cant understand why the Opening poster is buy/breeding if they do not have the room in the home/kennel, wether they are showdogs or not.surely when they got the DTR they were too crowded then, going by the respone over IZZY?

mo

totally agree

wondering this myself now

ifyou have room to bred more dogs then why cant you just keep poor izzy and not breed for a while till you have the room

i know i said i would keep quiet but tbh i cant any more

Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Closed pending thread review.
Closed Thread
Page 18 of 18 « First < 8 15 16 17 18