Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 09:19 AM

Yes - I got my broadband back!

Well the hub turned up at about 7.40 this morning so I opened the box and there was this horrible white plastic thing in it (the hub apparently) there was also an installation disc for the hub which I wasn't sure weather it would install my broadband or not because the woman on the phone yesterday said that the disc wasn't included with the hub and that she would send me one and it would probably reach me on Monday

Well I thought I might as well stick it in and see what it said. I plugged my broadband filter in the phone socket (the one I had with my Belkin router) and put the cd in and it installed all these icon thingys but when it came to testing my line said there was no connection I then realised I hadn't set the router so I went into my router address and then put my new BT username and password in and 3 minutes later the 'connected' sign came up in bright green letters - I was sooo pleased because I thought it was going to be one big headache trying to set it up without using their hub.

I suppose the real test is whether I can get the wireless working so that the whingers upstairs can have their broadband back too.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 09:24 AM
That's fab news Foxy,no stopping you now!
The housework will take a backseat again...lol
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 09:26 AM
The ironing pile will grow till its taken over the whole house but we're glad your back full time
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 09:28 AM
YYYAAAYYY!!!! Broadband!!!!! it's good isn't it! lol
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-09-2006, 09:30 AM
Well done Foxy

Never mind the offspring they can look up what they need in the old fashion way..............................

................books
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 09:30 AM
Well Done I'm so pleased you got your BB back x
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 09:32 AM
Yep ironing and washing is banned in this house now - I wish I can't believe it was so easy to set up - I thought it was going to be a utter pain because the instructions were set up to do it their way putting their hub on which I didn't want because we have got wireless set up already and have a fast ASDL router which I didn't really want to replace with that crappy piece of plastic that they sent. Just hope the kids computers work okay or I will have no end of moaning from them
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Well done Foxy

Never mind the offspring they can look up what they need in the old fashion way..............................

................books
Are you kidding - you are expected to have a computer now Rob - they have to print pictures out for Art I must say though I wish I had had the internet for my homework when I was at school - books are rubbish compared to the information you can get on here
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-09-2006, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Are you kidding - you are expected to have a computer now Rob - they have to print pictures out for Art I must say though I wish I had had the internet for my homework when I was at school - books are rubbish compared to the information you can get on here
Let Rhianna do there art homework
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Well the hub turned up at about 7.40 this morning so I opened the box and there was this horrible white plastic thing in it (the hub apparently) there was also an installation disc for the hub which I wasn't sure weather it would install my broadband or not because the woman on the phone yesterday said that the disc wasn't included with the hub and that she would send me one and it would probably reach me on Monday

Well I thought I might as well stick it in and see what it said. I plugged my broadband filter in the phone socket (the one I had with my Belkin router) and put the cd in and it installed all these icon thingys but when it came to testing my line said there was no connection I then realised I hadn't set the router so I went into my router address and then put my new BT username and password in and 3 minutes later the 'connected' sign came up in bright green letters - I was sooo pleased because I thought it was going to be one big headache trying to set it up without using their hub.

I suppose the real test is whether I can get the wireless working so that the whingers upstairs can have their broadband back too.
WOW Jan, Glad you're back and well done to you for whatever you did to set it up (doh) I don't even understand the terminology you're using

But, glad you're back
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >