Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 03:30 PM

I Got A Job At Last!!

Hey,

As some of you might remember, i left Uni back in June, after 4 years working to get my degree! I had a month off, then start applying to LOADS of HR related job. I went for lots of interviews and always had the same outcome - "sorry, we really like you, but you need more experience". EVERY single one of them wanted at least a years experience in an office job!!! And most of them were quite low down, HR assistants admin assistant/ tea maker, you get the idea!lol!

Anyway, i've done 3 years of temping work in offices so have a lot of experience of office work and obviously am used to working to deadlines for my degree and stuff, but they dont take that into consideration...

I decided to go through the temping agency to get some work.. And they had nothing for ages, i've been completely broke living off the money i got from my car crash, which i had saved as a deposit for a house! BUT, they called yesterday, they had a job come up - Boring job, rubbish pay, but long term contract so was fine! I went in today for the handover. It really is a rubbish job... But a lovely office with very friendly people. I'll have my own desk (dont usually get that with temping!!) as well as personal phone number thing and the best thing is i finish early on a friday

The pay isn't going to be good long term, not with so many animals to feed and a house to buy!! But after 6months- 1 year i can hopefully move into a job im more interested in as i'll have had the experience

Anyway, just had to share as i've been so stressed the last couple of months!! I thought me Riley and Lilah would be living in a cardboard box in the streets!! Riley would have loved that..
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 05:32 PM
Well done Jessica, I'm delighted for you honey
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-09-2006, 05:46 PM
Congratulations Jessica, thats great news :smt023
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 06:55 PM
Congratulations Jessica on getting your new job, hope you grow to like it more once you start - at least if the people are nice its a good start
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 07:37 PM
Congratulations, well done

:smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 07:41 PM
Yes, all the very best in your new job Jessica. It'll be nice to work in a pleasant atmosphere with happy people around you even if the pay is pretty grim. It's a start anyway isn't it, onwards and upwards gal!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 07:54 PM
Well Done Jessica
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 08:58 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

It is a start, and that what was was needed by the sound of it!! I hope you enjoy it!
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 09:03 PM
Congrats, we all have to start somewhere and just think, the only way is forward from now on and at least you'll have a regular income