Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2006, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Remember if you buy 2 sacks, the postage is the same as buying 1 sack
We're going to see if we can make space in the shed for it and we're also getting some raised bowls that store the food so should be able to fit two sacks in. Unfortunately in the cupboard that we normally keep the food in we just don't have space for two bags!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-09-2006, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
We're going to see if we can make space in the shed for it and we're also getting some raised bowls that store the food so should be able to fit two sacks in. Unfortunately in the cupboard that we normally keep the food in we just don't have space for two bags!

Make sure the food is kept vermin proof cause Mice & Rats will home in on it!
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2006, 09:17 PM
I hate to sound totally thick....as usual
What is CSJ food? I did a web search to try and find out, but only Burns food came up! Is it Burns food? I have never heard Burns called that before.
PS. I will probably know it the moment I am told but cant think atm!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-09-2006, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by Miss Potter View Post
I hate to sound totally thick....as usual
What is CSJ food? I did a web search to try and find out, but only Burns food came up! Is it Burns food? I have never heard Burns called that before.
PS. I will probably know it the moment I am told but cant think atm!
CSJ are the peeps who make/distribute working dog food and are nothing to do with Burns!

Check out their site:
http://www.csjk9.com/feed/autarky.html

I personally recomend 'Autarky'-great food at a great price!
Dakata
New Member!
Female 

15-09-2006, 12:10 PM
Hello Lottie,
On looking into the ingredients and nutritional value cjs seems to be quite low i.e

Chicken Meat Meal, Wheat, Wheat by-Products, Rice, Oil, Beet Pulp, Mineral, Vitamins, Yucca Plant Extract, EEC permitted anti-oxidants BHA & BHT (E321). if you look there is only 20% chicken, thats a whopping 80% of other ingredients.

If you are concerned about the foods your dogs are eating, and I see in a previous post you don't like aninmal testing why not look at something more nautral, Naturediet are approved under the BUAV No Animal Testing Pet Food Standard, and good quality ingredients no nasty bits!! probably the nearest you will get to natural without going the BARF or self preparing route.

there typical ingredients are

INGREDIENTS:
Lamb Min 60%, Carrots Min 8%, Brown Rice Min 15%,Natural ground bone, Seaweed, Minerals, Vit A 1250 iu/kg, Vit D3150iu/kg, Vit E 20 mg/kg

I think all of there meals are around 60% meats

nice and low in protein for your dals at approx 10%, no artificial additives, preservatives or colourings,

just a thought!!
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
CSJ are the peeps who make/distribute working dog food and are nothing to do with Burns!

Check out their site:
http://www.csjk9.com/feed/autarky.html

I personally recomend 'Autarky'-great food at a great price!
Thankyou!!!
What makes it even worse is that my girls are fed on Autarky!
Must have been having a senior, blonde or whatever moment!
Tan
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-09-2006, 09:56 PM
Mmm........... wheat and wheat by products is not a good start for a recipe these days, most of the better quality foods stopped using wheat some time ago because it seems to cause more problems with allergies - but it is a cheap ingredient, so that's no doubt reflected in the price of the food.
I don't think the amount of meat in a recipe is that crucial, I read somewhere that a good homemade recipe is 1/3 meat, 1/3 rice and 1/3 vegetables, so I'd be looking for a meat content of about 30% to be about right, which makes naturediet rather high in protein - and I'm not sure that's all that good.
Dakata
New Member!
Female 

17-09-2006, 11:15 AM
Naturediet foods are generally about 10% protein, so not too high really, especially good for dals.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2