Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2016, 07:30 AM

Daily Thread, Monday, March 14

Good Morning everyone,

Can someone up north send some warmth down here it is the east coast wind which is making it so cold. I understand you might get as high as 15c up there where we are still struggling to get 7c during the day. Mind you I am glad you are getting better weather up there as you have had it so bad for so long.

I haven't watched any of crufts but I hope you are all enjoying it.

Griff, hope you and your mum are feeling better. Also Jenny hope you are on the mend now.

LG, the rugby seems to have been keeping you quiet lately, hope you are pleased with the result.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2016, 07:47 AM
Good morning Dogsey, I hope everyone is well.
Moyra, I haven't watched any crufts either, I have become very disillusioned with it the last few years.
It's still chilly here and very over cast today, not sure were that lovely sun went.
I am up early today because Brian has gone to the tip with all the garden rubbish, trying to beat the post weekend rush!
We had a huge Rowan tree in the front garden, it has been beautiful but with all these gales I had bad vibes about it. My BiL came with his chain saw and took it down. What a good job .... it was quite rotten all through the middle It has left a huge gap, but there again it has opened the garden up which is nice.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2016, 07:52 AM
That's a shame Jenny but best out before it falls on someone. Glad you are able to get out into your garden ours is still sodden. Steve went out and spiked the lawn areas yesterday but he said it is still too wet to give it a first cut. Take care of you. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2016, 09:07 AM
Morning all, before I lose the connection here is the latest for June and all who like to read about our goings on at training: http://www.northlancing.org/web%20pa...ppy%202011.htm
Ths sun is shining beautifully here and the warmth is lovely through the window. Mind you it was chilly when I took Tyto out. He is now asleep by the side of me. I have been looking up bus times for where I am going on holiday. What a nightmare, not that clever at reading timetables by bus companies, not as easy as train timetables. Still I have found three buses that run from right outside the door to Canterbury. Really good connections. Have fun in the sun peeps.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2016, 09:16 AM
Good morning Moyra, Nippy, Brenda and all who follow

Sad about the tree Nippy but better down before it hurts someone or damages property.

Hope you manage to get warm today Moyra and also have a peaceful time.

Hope you enjoy your holiday Brenda when you go.

Yes sun is shinning but it is so cold out there. Was planning on a bit of gardening but I might just change my mind and do some catch up.

Had a lovely time yesterday. It took me 3 hours to get there and 5 hours to get home. The M40 and M25 were like car parks and other than the variable speed limits (wast of time in my opinion as they always cause havoc) no reason for the delays. Got home just as they announce the winner

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2016, 11:05 AM
Morning all
Moyra, hope you get some warmer weather soon...we have nice sunshine too
Nippy, sad the tree went but good thing you chose to take it down given the fact it was rotten...lucky it didn't come down in the wind
Sue, oh dear....that was a long day! pleased you got home all right
Brenda, are you going to walk the city walls at canterbury? we did part of it on the way to visit my uncle...only bit we got to see really Lol
Still full of germs, not sure it is a cold....i have a feeling the gpa is getting ready to have a major attack...i haven't been able to sleep properly for the last few nights too which is another sign, will keep an eye on things and try to see my gp if needs be...if i start coughing up blood i know i am in bother
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-03-2016, 11:38 AM
Morning everyone. Moira I am so sorry but I am such a selfish person I cannot send my good weather to you. We have it nice here again today but from past experience if we get a good week in March or April then that's it, that's our summer so I'm going to enjoy it while I can. I do hope things improve for you soon.

Had a lovely walk with Sammy, no fleece under my coat and no hat, had to unzip my coat at one point, sheer bliss.

Griff I do hope it is just a cold and you're not set for a major attack. Please look after yourself.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2016, 12:57 PM
So glad 1cd that you are enjoying some well deserved weather. The sun is beautiful here but the cold wind is the thing that spoils it. Shame. Hope everyone else is enjoying sunshine and hopefully some warmth as well.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2016, 01:02 PM
Brenda, there are some beautiful photo's on your North Lancing site. Tyto is certainly a beautiful dog.

Griff, do be careful do not like the sound of you, best see the doc as soon as you can. Hugs.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-03-2016, 02:31 PM
I did do a post this morning, the screen flicked and it all vanished, absolutely drives me nuts when that happens, so I carried on with the rest of the morning. All girls been out. Beautiful day, we have the cool easterly wind as well, Moyra, I had my coat on, but no fleece over my t shirt, and my boots on instead of wellies, hair in pony tail and no woolly hat, Hardly any one was out either so the girls had a really good play and run round.
Nippy, good job you acted on your instincts, that tree could have caused a fair bit of damage if there was a storm and it came over due to the rot inside it.
Griff, hoping you are OK, because it sounds pretty scary. Can you get to your doctor perhaps, rather than wait for it to happen, or doesn't it work like that.
Sue, there was a Border Terrier on the Crufts thing last night, and I thought of you. She invited it up on the couch with her and it wouldn't go, so knew it wasn't Teazle
1cd, enjoy your summer whilst it lasts eh
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >