Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2013, 08:35 PM

Jade learning loose leash walking :)

Jade on our first solo walk after Brownie died. Video recorded on March 4th.

Jade today out on a walk, video recorded March 17th

She's learning slowly, but we're still working at it. Sorry if that snatch away from that yard looked harsh, it was a bit harsher than I intended for it to be. I'm so happy to see progress.

She's also learning not to jump on things in the house without being called to, not to sniff the cats up their butts (they hate this and a few swipes have caused some issues), not to mark (with pee) near/on the cat litter box, not to hump shoes (how weird is that?), not to steal from trash cans or cat bowls, not to drink toilet water, not to chew up socks or random clothing items which she steals at every chance she gets (woke up without a sock and found it halfway eaten on my floor) and not to growl at dad or his friend.

I'm also trying to kick a few pounds off of her. Doing well with that too! Her next lessons will be much harder and maybe impossible. Getting along with children better and not reacting to other dogs walking by on leashes.

As she is 10 years old, and VERY fearful of children, I don't think she'll ever truly like them, but the nasty aggression I saw will have to be eradicated if she's to get off the muzzle. As she is right now, she has to wear a muzzle when she goes outside as the chance of escape is always there. She has absolutely no recall outdoors, and I can't risk her hurting any children.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-03-2013, 09:17 PM
Jade is doing great Myra, so are you! I am proud of both of you! (((hugs))) xx
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Jade is doing great Myra, so are you! I am proud of both of you! (((hugs))) xx
Hi. Your doggy looks like some kind of German Shepherd mutt like Jade. Jade is SHEDDING something serious! Brownie didn't shed very much. His tail was kinda fluffy but his body fur etc. was much shorter than hers. His old brush isn't cutting it. It was just one of those gloves with the brush nozzles that you run over the dog and the hair comes off.

It gets instantly clogged with fur and I feel like I clean it out 50 times and it STILL fills right back up. It's like she'd be a bald doggy if I kept brushing, but it's never enough. Eventually my arm gets tired or I get sick of the sneezing from all the flying hair.

I have mild allergies and she's getting hair all over my room. I've been looking at brushes online and stuff but I don't know which one to pick.

Girl can you PLEASE help me? I've been sneezing all over the house! What do you use to brush your dog? What could I use that might help me? Please try to keep in mind that I'm American.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Myra, Pereg is just a generic black and tan short-haired mutt. She does not shed much so a shedding blade usually is all that is needed when she does shed her winter or summer undercoat.

Hang on - I will see if I can find a shedding blade in the US...

OK, this is the sort of thing I mean

Shedding Blade

It is very easy to use and very gentle on the dog, and removes all loose hair when the dog is shedding.

Hope this helps, and please give Jade a huggle from me! xx
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2013, 10:15 PM
Jade looks to be doing really well, and I love the fact that you have a harness on her........it means that she is totally free to use her head and neck in any way that she wishes and yet you still have complete control.

As for your allergy, I do hope that someone can help with that because it must be miserable.