Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2005, 04:33 PM

For the ladies on DW

Hi there

If any boys are reading right now it's just a quick medical question to do with women's stuff ....so feel free to dash off

Hi ladies

Just a quick question, have any of you ever experienced a constant pain in one of your ribs just where your chest is? A pain that is an ache, and sensitive to touch - but sometimes gets worse prior to PMS, it feels like it's in your chest but it's actually behind in the rib? Just wondering what it could be - doctors I've spoken to have been clueless...apparently loads of people have a similar complaint so was hoping someone could shed some light?

Thanks for your help.
xi
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2005, 05:15 PM
Hiya

I get the same, it feels alot like when i bruised my lung its very strange and quite painful!
Wonder if anyone else gets it? its very odd!
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2005, 05:31 PM
I've had it but no idea what it is

I thought it might be because I smoke
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-06-2005, 05:37 PM
My mum used to get it too, don't know what it is though!

Ian
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2005, 05:52 PM
hmmm - it just seems so strange that so many people experience it...

A doctor's website suggested it could be costochondritis or gall stones under the rib cage...I would be surprised if it's gallstones!

Puzzled
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by maplecottage
Hi there

If any boys are reading right now it's just a quick medical question to do with women's stuff ....so feel free to dash off

Hi ladies

Just a quick question, have any of you ever experienced a constant pain in one of your ribs just where your chest is? A pain that is an ache, and sensitive to touch - but sometimes gets worse prior to PMS, it feels like it's in your chest but it's actually behind in the rib? Just wondering what it could be - doctors I've spoken to have been clueless...apparently loads of people have a similar complaint so was hoping someone could shed some light?

Thanks for your help.
xi
Funny you should say that, I went to docs the other day with a pain behind my boob(if that makes sense) was frightened to death, thinking it might be the Big C. After examination Doc said that it was the intersomething muscle (the bit holding your boob on) and gave me some drugs (surprize, surprize!!) and guess what, it's getting better. Should have gone sooner, I've been putting it off for 3 weeks !!!!!!
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2005, 06:16 PM
I get that aswell, my doc sent me straight to the Well Women's clinic and guess wot?......it was my hormones
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2005, 06:26 PM
Ahhh hormones, dont we just love em !
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2005, 06:27 PM
Ooo don't we just

Hubby especially loves 'em......NOT!
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2005, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by Ashlady
Funny you should say that, I went to docs the other day with a pain behind my boob(if that makes sense) was frightened to death, thinking it might be the Big C. After examination Doc said that it was the intersomething muscle (the bit holding your boob on) and gave me some drugs (surprize, surprize!!) and guess what, it's getting better. Should have gone sooner, I've been putting it off for 3 weeks !!!!!!
Hi Ashlady - did your doctor call it Tietze's syndrome at all? According to the web Tietze's syndrome is an inflammation of the cartilage that joins the ribs to the breast bone. This websites says to use ibuprofen but ibuprofen is getting very bad press at the moment. What kind of drug did they describe, wonder if there are any natural remedies on the market too?

It's quite scary to think that some doctors just dismiss it - this is the second time I've had it checked out but get the same old response 'sorry can't help don't know what it is'.....
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >