View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

13-06-2005, 10:53 AM
We've got a Nikon Coolpix 3200. Very similar to the 3100 Wolfie's got. It's got screen and traditional viewfinder, does video clips and all sorts of clever stuff besides! You can just use it in it's 'normal' mode all the time though, so it's pretty simple to use day to day.

As well as a memory card, (Don't bother with one that's too big, you can get loads on the smaller capacity ones, compared to 35mm.) get some reghargeable batteries, otherwise you'll go through alkaline batteries like there's no tomorrow! We've got 2000mah NiMH ones which last well! Oops, that sounded techie, didn't it? 2000mah is their capacity. Basically, they can supply 2 amps for an hour. (2000 milliamperes/hour.) NiMH is how they're made. Nickle metal hydride, as opposed to non rechargeable alkaline or whatever.

Ok science over, time to wake up!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-06-2005, 10:55 AM
Just examples j in attempt to show you the differance

No veiw finder just lcd screen to line up your shot
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...523175695&rd=1

With view finder + lcd screen
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...523190469&rd=1
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by rich c
We've got a Nikon Coolpix 3200. Very similar to the 3100 Wolfie's got. It's got screen and traditional viewfinder, does video clips and all sorts of clever stuff besides! You can just use it in it's 'normal' mode all the time though, so it's pretty simple to use day to day.

As well as a memory card, (Don't bother with one that's too big, you can get loads on the smaller capacity ones, compared to 35mm.) get some reghargeable batteries, otherwise you'll go through alkaline batteries like there's no tomorrow! We've got 2000mah NiMH ones which last well! Oops, that sounded techie, didn't it? 2000mah is their capacity. Basically, they can supply 2 amps for an hour. (2000 milliamperes/hour.) NiMH is how they're made. Nickle metal hydride, as opposed to non rechargeable alkaline or whatever.

Ok science over, time to wake up!
Thanks Rich.

Well I do actually have some rechargeable batteries and a recharger (rofl, wouldnt have much use for the batteries if I didnt ) Dont know if they are the ones u mention, but hey I'll find out soon enough

Uhm do the equipment to attach it to my computer come with the camera? Usb cable and what else I need??
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-06-2005, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by bellaluna
do the equipment to attach it to my computer come with the camera? Usb cable and what else I need??
Most Cameras these days come with all the software and cables you need to connect to your pc
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by leo
Just examples j in attempt to show you the differance

No veiw finder just lcd screen to line up your shot
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...523175695&rd=1

With view finder + lcd screen
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...523190469&rd=1
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that's wot u meant!!!!

Well to be a total nerd here then (sorry Marie, I'm testing your patience ) I should choose one WITHOUT the viewfinder, right?

And thanks for the cable update too
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-06-2005, 11:04 AM
If you've got a viewfinder then you don't need to use the LCD if you don't want to and therefore get a lot better battery life.

You were correct before by the way. Because you'll be taking a lot of 'action' shots you don't want a long delay between pressing the button and the camera taking the photo.

Graeme
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-06-2005, 11:06 AM
one with a view finder is better ours is the other type and it can be hard to use because it cuts off after a period of time.
when we buy again it will be a view finder type, don't worry j glad to help.
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

13-06-2005, 11:06 AM
I'd say get a camera with screen and viewfinder. In bright conditions, I find the screen useless because you can't see the darn thing with all the sunlight shining on it! You've probably noticed that using a phone to take pics?
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2005, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by rich c
I'd say get a camera with screen and viewfinder. In bright conditions, I find the screen useless because you can't see the darn thing with all the sunlight shining on it! You've probably noticed that using a phone to take pics?
Yes I have.. Wanted to take some pics of Luna yesterday in the wood, but it was useless

I've taken a pic of her, but it wont send to my email addy.. But it was a great example on what you wrote...
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-06-2005, 01:20 PM
Im getting a Nikon Coolpix 5200 when I get some cash together. I borrowed one to try it out and its great. The good thing is the battery is like a mobile phone and comes with a charger. One charge takes 150 photos which is enough for me on a day out.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >