Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2005, 03:54 PM

Looking for toys for Staffs x 2

Hi To all you with 2 or more dogs what toys do you have.
I am looking for something - different.
My two have kongs/raggers/threeway rubber ring things/basketballs/an old tyre. What can I get they play together and love having an end of something each? suggestions please. Oh they are Staffs so need to be "hard wearing"

Thanks Karen
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2005, 03:56 PM
I buy teddies from charity shops too- cos they both adore destroying them
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2005, 03:58 PM
i will save up all the toys the kids next door chuck over and bring them to B.ham with me .......
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2005, 03:59 PM
So you go teddies soft toys etc - see I need to stay away from that as with little (toddlers) nieces who come regularly and bring their cuddlies so I don;t want the girls to think they are "okay to kill teddy's etc" Looking for somethig lasting - hopefully.
Aileen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-04-2005, 04:39 PM
What about a boat fender? Something like this: http://www.compassmarine.co.uk/produ...?CategoryID=14

You could put a couple of ropes through the ends or hang one up... I don't know how staffie-proof they would be, but could be worth a try.

Aileen x
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-04-2005, 05:35 PM
This might sound really silly but one of the best things my lot use to play with is a ball ****. The OH was doing some plumbing jobs and had loads of packets of ball cocks left over he gave one to the dogs and they loved it. It lasted ages and ages too and they spent hours playing with it, it was just that bit too big to hold in there mouths and there made of really tough plastic.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2005, 05:48 PM
What a brilliant idea ballcocks - hold onto your WC's everyone
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-04-2005, 05:58 PM
They lasted nearly as long as the everlasting ball I bought for £15
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2005, 05:59 PM
I cant offer you any advice at all, I only use Kongs for my two or occasionally a rolled up dishcloth. Cassy is obsessed with her Kongs so she doesnt get it too often, otherwise she spends the whole time nudging it into your leg and when you go to get it back she runs off lol. If poor Kip attempst to take a toy Cassy snatches it off her, so even when we allow Kip time alone to play she has got to the stage where she just doesnt even bother anymore. Even when they have a bone each Cassy will drop hers and go sit on Kips head (I kid you not) and wait to pick Kips up when she (inevitably) moves....

So just Kongs here I am afraid. Everthing else gets destroyed very easily too (oh I do have a few frisbees for outside!)
Housedog
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-04-2005, 06:15 PM
I use old jeans as a tugger, cut off one leg, tie a knot in centre, and soak in cold water, " Great in warm weather" lasts for ages.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >