Our sister sites
Our sister sites
fletch1973
Dogsey Junior

24-03-2005, 10:57 AM

Transport needed

Crossposted

Any ideas and I'll pass them on

"Dee has an amazing home waiting in Scotland (Fife) but it is hard to get Irish Dogs over to Scotland. I can get her to the UK pretty much anywhere but the furthest north I can get her is Scotch Corner,Middleton Tyas or if I fly over with her I can fly direct into London but that is so far south.

She has been in foster for so long now, recovering and getting better and now she should be able to start her new life in her forever home. She is the sweetest dog ever and so well behaved.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this? Maybe get her to the UK info foster there and then seek a K999?

Airline from Dublin to Scotland is Aer Lingus - they don't take dogs anymore. BA and BMI only go via London so that would be too much of a journey. The boat goes from Belfast to Stranraer but again 2 hours this side and 4 hours the other side.

Dee is a staffie so mid sized but a lovely wee thing very good with other dogs and people. "

Claire
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2005, 11:01 AM
Hello

Probably the ferry to stranraer is the best bet - and then getting transport to Fife from here - If you are really struggling and depending on when this needs to be done -

Who would be getting her as far as Stranrear and if necessary and on above I could perhaps collect from there and take to Fife - yes its a long drive but perhaps it could even be doen in stages - you know get someone to take from Stranrear to Glasgow and then someone else to take from Glasgow to Fife ??

Can the new owners in Fife not come to meet her at stranrear >??
fletch1973
Dogsey Junior

24-03-2005, 11:43 AM
Thanks Dani

I'm not sure how far the new owners can travel but I will pass on your suggestion.

Thank you

Claire
Sponge
Dogsey Veteran

24-03-2005, 01:39 PM
I live in Fife..and would be will to help with transport....I could lift her at stranrar if needed.....
fletch1973
Dogsey Junior

24-03-2005, 04:02 PM
Thanks guys! I'm trying to get through to the irish rescue, will let you know!
Claire
fletch1973
Dogsey Junior

29-03-2005, 02:05 PM
Thanks for your offers guys but this has been put on hold for now, due to health problems with the rescuers dog.

Claire