finnigan31
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-01-2005, 10:04 PM
CBT that would be great, thanks yvonne
CBT
Dogsey Senior

27-01-2005, 10:13 PM
what do you want me to do when I get there? Do you want me just to check on her and make sure shes ok or ask to take her out of the kennels? I will take some cash and ID with me incase they let me have her. Doubt it though, they said on the phone she was reserved.
finnigan31
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-01-2005, 01:53 PM
CBT could you check the bitch out,make sure she`s alright, they won`t let you have her we tried but it was a no
Just let them know Boxer Welfare exists and are willing to help rehome any boxers that come in, they already have the numbers.

Ithanks yvonne
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-01-2005, 03:59 PM
You never know, the people that have reserved her may change there minds. If they think she is having pups, they may think it's too much to take on, even though the kennels have said they will rehome any possible pups.

If for any reason she is up for rehomeing I can help out with transport.
CBT
Dogsey Senior

28-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Ok I will report back once I have found out whats what
finnigan31
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-01-2005, 05:46 PM
thanks CBT

yvonne
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2005, 08:14 AM
what happened with the bitch did you see her or was she already gone as long as they now know that we are hear to help in future we have done as must as poss still waiting to hear back from their ho on the matter will keep you posted
scotbun1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2005, 10:33 AM
[quote="CBT"]

Ive ben told they work with other breed rescues quote]

we do get calls fron SSPCA homes in Glasgow, Hamilton and Stirling to say they have staffs in. I've had a good rapport with them all ,the Edinburgh Dog and Cat home and Brown Street Kennels in Dundee for many years. It's been very hard work to get where I am today but it's worth it to be able to rehome the dogs. There are also a few animal sanctuaries that phone me as well but as I say it's been hard work. As CBT says you have to keep at them and be a pest to them so then your in their heads whenever a dog comes in. The only problems I have with SSPCA is they only release the dogs to the new owners and if I have an excellent home up in Aberdeen then they cant't get the dog from Hamilton unless they travel there themselves. We, staffie rescue, also do homechecks for SSPCA and if I can't get to a place ie: Isle of bute then I can phone the inspectors there and they do it for me. I know there is good and bad everywhere. I recieved a call 3wks ago from a woman that had found a staffie bitch. Legally if I take the dog off her I have to keep her for 42 days before I can rehome ger but if she goes through the system of the kennels I can get her after 7 days to rehome. I told the woman to put her in the kennel, so the dog warden came and took her to Bothwell. The 7 days were up on the Thursday at 2pm so the woman phone to find out if she'd been claimed if not she wanted her. She was told she was PTS that morning she had mammery cancer??????????????? They know this in 6 days, How? What can I say, I told the woman the dog will be safe in there. As you can imagine I went absolutey apes**t at them but they don't need to pass on any details to me they said. So I have witnessed good and bad.
Sorry it's a bit long
Tracie
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2005, 11:17 AM
I,m good at being a pest tracie so will just have to keep at them all Lorraine
Pippin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-02-2005, 10:39 PM
I workd for the RSPCA in England, too buisy making money to care for animals. half the time they didnt know what to do when they got a sick one in anyway..They wouldnt lower themselves to work with other rescues thort they knew it all..
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >