Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-06-2005, 09:06 PM

Bad Press...........

.......Does it annoy you how certain breeds of dogs go through stages where they recieve nothing but bad press?
It does me, for instance EBT's got really slaughtered by the media when Princess Anne's EBT bit tthat child, and when it savaged the Queens corgi, Fairos.
They were treated like some kind of monster.
And dont get me started on Fox Hounds. They have been branded as the hounds of hell!
It is not their fault that they are trained and bred for a job that people dont agree with.
People say they are pack animals and never make good pets. That is rubbish, my brother in-laws sister has 2 that were from a hunt club that decided to sell off some pack. And Amber and Marley are softer then my two little terrors.
It annoys me how breeds get bad press, does it you?
Can u think of any more examples, a si would sure like to hear them.
best wishes
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2005, 09:09 PM
According to the press staffies are devil dogs, can't be trusted with children etc, which is the biggest load of bulls**t I have ever heard...These reports are usually written by some numpty that has no knowledge of the breed they are reporting about...Makes me mad....
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-06-2005, 09:28 PM
Try owning a Rottweiler and living near a school-the mums there used to look at me as if was carrying a machine gun.Sadly Abe by beloved Rottie died last week and am getting Vegas a Mastiff X on saturday so not sure what sort of reaction i'll get with him.
iwlass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2005, 10:09 PM
In the 80's - Cocker Spaniels (particularly goldens) were labelled due to incidences of RAGE SYNDROME - the breed is still suffering from this reputation; even within the veterinary and behavioural professions
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2005, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by Moli
According to the press staffies are devil dogs, can't be trusted with children etc, which is the biggest load of bulls**t I have ever heard...These reports are usually written by some numpty that has no knowledge of the breed they are reporting about...Makes me mad....
exactly - makes me mad too - but then to be honest its the same with any dog - it happens all the time - as soon as something happens the papers run with the story and make out the breed is to blame when its the bloody awful owners who should be featured in the paper so everyone can have a go at them !!

dani
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2005, 10:17 PM
ohh makes me more than mad, i hate it when true life mags reports a dog attack, see abs, staffies, rotties and ebt in there
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2005, 07:06 AM
Drives me mad. Quite a few people round here have changed their opinions about staffs, especially the mum's up the school, since Jas has been a PAT dog.

I did get one lady the other week cross over the road and tell her 7 year old son 'Don't touch them dog's they are nasty' Was tempted to say something but won't stoop to their level
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2005, 07:16 AM
It used to be the GSDīs that were dangerous dogs in the medias.
Then it was the rotties.
Now its staffies..

And god knows whatīs next
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2005, 07:45 AM
cavaliers are next amts......... i have SAS trained all of mine to get pensoners our side of the post office.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2005, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted by Steve
Try owning a Rottweiler and living near a school-the mums there used to look at me as if was carrying a machine gun.Sadly Abe by beloved Rottie died last week and am getting Vegas a Mastiff X on saturday so not sure what sort of reaction i'll get with him.

I get a mixed reaction with Teagan.

The 'older' generation (And I mean 65+!) Love her! They seem to know a bullmastiffs temprement, and adore her when they see her.

Younger people, including kids, their parents, anyone else walking down the street.... will cross the road to avoid her (or it could be me ), or lift their hands high, and make stupid noises, as if she is going to bite their arms off.
A lot of younger people don't even know she's a bullmastiff....Boxer, American Bulldog, American Bullmastiff, or "Look at that, you could put a saddle on" dog
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >