Female 

10-08-2008, 09:57 PM
sending get well wishes for Hash xxxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2008, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by fluffybunnyfeet View Post
Well the vet phoned this evening and the news is a little more upbeat, it appears his blood stats have improved. The downside is that the scans have shown the kidneys have scarring so the problem has been longterm and with underdeveloped kidneys from birth.

We have got to collect him tomorrow, he is eating well including his way through the second head cone collar and the iv lines.

The thoughts are that its been ongoing and that a small infection has tipped the balance, the vet said with treatment and management it could double his life expectancy, but that could be days or years.

We really had thought we had lost him and were heartbroken, just a while longer would be a bonus providing he is well and not suffering we will do our best. We shall have a long trip tomorrow and hopefully shed more light on the situation as the vet has been very helpful.

Thx for you well wishes and advice, Hash is a fighter and will hang in there
Better news, that's what we like. Don't despair as I said in my earlier post with the right strict diet and management I have seen them go on for a few years after being diagnosed, honest.

Hope tomorrow's trip goes well and big Hugs to Hash xxxxxxxxxxx
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2008, 11:05 AM
Hope your trip goes well & you have great help from the expert vet.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2008, 11:19 AM
Wishing you all the very best with Hash. Better news than you were expecting, and as you say, he's a little fighter and will hang on in there, especially when he see's you! All the very best with him, and safe journey.
kingbenny
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-08-2008, 11:44 AM
I'm so glad the news is a little more upbeat. Good luck with Hash!
bluekat
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I hope it isn't kidney failure but an infection somewhere, that can be cleared up. If it is kidney failure, I have some recipies for feeding dogs with this. The are for dogs with renal failure and most dogs prefer it to the Science renal food which is very bland and boring.

If you or anone else wants these recipies, please pm me your email address, they are attachments.
Hi Mattie
Could you please send me your recipes for dog food for case of kidney failure?
I can't PM yet.

thanks
Katya
Rochdale Dog Rescue
Listed Rescue on Dogsey

09-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Katya, can you pm me your email address, there are quite a few of them and will be attachments. If I remember right it takes several emails.
bluekat
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-09-2008, 01:34 PM
thanks - will do. new members can't Pm until they've made 20 posts.
4 more to go and I'll Pm you.
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Just wanted to wish you and hash well - hope results are good news
fluffybunnyfeet
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Update on Hash.

Seems he made a good recovery so far and considering our vet originally gave him just a few days to live he is doing brilliantly. He had some intensive treatment for a week and is now on Alucap to absorb the phosphates and Hills KD with Specific CKD dry food with vit D every two days.

Needless to say it costing us a pretty penny to feed him at the moment but we have managed to get the food cost down by buying on the internet. Thankfully he is insured with a decent company through the caravan club with AXA (instead of that other bunch of muppets E&L which we used before. They have even paid towards the additional food costs.

So far its over 3 grand , he is on life cover policy for though up to 7k

His blood tests have improved but only marginally but at least they are going in the right direction. To see him running around like a loon you would think there is nothing wrong, shows what a fighter for life he is.

Thanks again for the help and advice, any suggestions for cutting food costs down would be welcome though as its about £25 a week at the moment.

Worth every penny though.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >