Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2016, 07:27 AM

Daily Thread, Good Friday, March 25

Good Morning everyone, Happy Easter.

Yeh, the sun is shining out there, that's a good start to the day. It is supposed to get up to around 13c today so should be quite a nice day.

Harvey hope your other half is feeling better today and also yourself. Griff, hope you didn't get any germs off that stupid ignorant women who spluttered all around you. Norma hope you are feeling better too today. Nippy Jenny hope you and Brian are ok.

Lynn, that little rotavator sounds just the job for flattening out a lawn area. Glad you had a nice trip out and was spoilt by Gorden for your birthday.

June, so the girls were good last night. I hope your son gets the place he is looking for to set up his new business, I wish him all the success he deserves.

Have a good day everyone, Amber is eating her breakfast and will soon be ready to go for her walk. Hopefully, should be dry enough to take the walker this morning rather than my crutches, stay warm and dry and above all SAFE and well. God Bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-03-2016, 08:26 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Lovely bright sunny day here today we are pottering today in the house and garden. Very chilly at the moment though.

I hope your sons business venture goes well June. Our youngest is embarking on a business but having to work till he knows it is doing well enough to support him and Maca. He is actually out of work at the moment. He loved his job he had before this one but left as they couldn't offer him the sort of money he needs to continue living and working in London.
Turns out the firm he worked for told him all the things he wanted to hear to get him in and soon he realised they were not operating in that way at all and has been very unhappy. He recently started job hunting again and one of the applications asked his firm for a reference before even offering an interview and he was called into the office and told he had to leave. Type of job he is in they consider it a conflict of interest he wasn't happy but did understand.
He has two new jobs he is very interested in and them him and he hopes to have at least one offer on the table when he arrives back from his break.
As one thing settles another one moves into its place.

Hoping everyone is well today and all our four legged friends too.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-03-2016, 09:43 AM
Lynn that is terrible about that company, fancy doing that, they must have known he would be asked to leave, hope they gave him a couple of months money in lieu of notice.
Son will have his VR money and the guy he is buying into has everything in place as regards finance and the like, having already done it twice successfully he knows the pitfalls. Son was saying last night that the first one, in Glasgow, was way too small for what was needed, but of course no one knew what was really required initially, so he will benefit from the lessons learned already. Turnover is around £150k already in each place, I used to do marketing in another life and we have discussed demographics and the right area, he had already sussed that out for himself but I think it was nice he could speak to me on that level, as his gf can't, and of course a lot of it is top secret until he actually leaves his current job.
Managed to clean up outside and in kennels, always harder when its rained, despite a major clean up yesterday and a skip out last night, I still got a swing bin liner full of wet and muck. Waylaid the binmen so it has gone off on its travels to the Council tip.
Sun is out and it feels quite warm. Girls can come out for a walk when I've had my brekkie and they've slept theirs off and digested it, I worry about bloat so much I like to give them nearly 2 hours after a meal. Sprayed everyone, Zen absolutely hates that, and I've spent ages chasing her about, got her in a head lock eventually and she gave in.
Not heard from Ruggles, so it will be after Easter now, but its not urgent, just something I want to have in stock.
Hope Nippy is OK as not seen her for a few days, and neither has Brenda been about. Hope Sarah's new job is going well.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2016, 10:09 AM
Good morning

Hope it is dry enough for your walker today Moyra it will make your walks easier. Perhaps it will be dry enough this afternoon to take blue for a spin

Have a good day pottering Lynn its just the weather for that. Hope your son's job prospects pick up on his return from holiday.

Good luck to your son June and hope the new venture turns out well for him. He is at least doing his homework before jumping in. My son went freelance last year and has managed very well. Did have a huge hiccup for 3 months with no work coming in but in his industry it would seem the same even with well established people. He is just about to start a 3 month contract so I can stop worrying for a bit. Its a mother's job to worry you know

Hope you are feeling a little better Harvey and your OH is well on the way to a god recovery.

Griff hope your tum is behaving today after all you have to eat Easter eggs to keep in with the spirit of things

Lovely here but as I put moss/weedkiller on the lawn yesterday will have to keep off it. It seems to be working having had the rain on it Busy batch cooking for the freezer in a minute and that is me done for the day except for walking her ladyship later again.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-03-2016, 10:16 AM
Morning June and Sue. He will get paid the end of this month they owe him holiday pay so he should be ok and hopefully one of the other jobs will be ready to start when he gets back so he shouldn't have a gap in his pay days.
They worry about you taking their clients and software. The clients are who he has worked to get on their books but theirs none the less.
Been for a lovely stroll today went the long way round and different to our usual routes. Its quite warm out there now.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2016, 10:29 AM
Morning all
Lynn, that is shocking behaviour from your sons former employer...why the heck do people insist on a reference first...they must realise that people will lose their jobs over it, i appreciate that you might waste time doing interviews with people who may then get a poor reference but losing someone their job...awful
TW, lol at little Zen, that is what kota is like, she hides under the coffee table everytime the claw clippers, medicine etc comes out
Moyra, we have lovely sun here today...not sure if it will last, i hope you have a lovely walk with Amber and a lovely good friday
Sue...nooooooooooooo no easter eggs here!!!! i am trying my best to be good and it isn't going very well and even when i am good i don't lose any weight...i have until the 28th april to lose some weight
i too hope Nippy is doing o.k and Brenda too
I will most likely walk the dogs today and that will be it
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-03-2016, 11:48 AM
Good morning all
Don't you just hate it when you've written a great long post n the blooming thing dissapears
Bright here earlier but dulling down
Moyra hope you'v had a safe walk with Amber
Loses do hope you and your good lady are on the up n up this bug is certainly a humdinger you think your over it and back it comes with a vengeance
Tw Lynn Sue hoping sons new buisness ventures and contracts are successful am sure they will all do well
Oh went self employed many years ago ( made redundant after 23years with the estate the hill ground being sold off to pay death duties) it was quite frightening at the time wondering if we'd made a mistake or not the kids were quite young still and we'd a fair menagerie of livestock turned out ok though we'll never be rich lol
Griff been on a seefood diet you know the one I mean seefood n scoff it lol no chance of loosing weight here
Brenda Nippy MandtLG 1C Dog hoping your all well and have a great Easter Weekend
Off to the vets with the boy today depending on how many laybys we have to stop in lol if the oh goes on his own he won't remember or hear the half of what's been said
Right going to try n have a cuppa
Hope everyone has a grand Easter
Take care stay safe xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-03-2016, 12:55 PM
Glad everyone seems ok we have been taking pictures of the fishing rods we have been asked to take over tomorrow for the boys. Plus some other bits and bobs neither of us are fishermen/women so we were getting a little frustrated with it all.
Waiting for a reply from Mark about what Joel needs. Messaged Tracey about tomorrows times and George her eldest 18 is in a&e he has had some kind of seizure this morning.
We have checked if she needs us to pick Owen up and bring him here but she said not for now they are hoping George will be discharged soon. So worrying about that.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2016, 01:14 PM
Oh Norma, hope all goes well. It is a beautiful day here and I guess I shall have to get Amber out again in the sunshine!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-03-2016, 01:14 PM
Everything crossed for Mr Fritz today, Norma. Have been watching Farming Life on BBC2 and there is a family there with a farm who also take shooting parties on the hill after the deer that need culling, on the programme the other night they had people over from Belgium, one of them came every year and brought various friends with him.
Lynn, good luck with the fishing rods, I wouldn't know where to start and I am with you as regards the frustration you are feeling. Hoping George is OK, is he epileptic
Had everyone out and back as quickly as possible. Only saw the usual people so I played my cards right. Did see some horses, now the girls are good with horses, had Kesh on a line because there were a group of people with about a million dogs zooming about and Kesh would have chased them to Kingdom Come, then come back to me looking like, Well Where Are They, Was Having a Brilliant Time, whilst the owners looked daggers at me!!! 2 horses being led, apparently the 2nd horse wasn't good with dogs, and was spooking, obviously a complete novice on its back, which is totally absolutely stupid. She lost her stirrups, and they were giving me the evils, I said the dogs haven't done anything, they haven't barked, nipped, they've run past and never bothered. Really cannot understand why they would take the risk putting an inexperienced rider on a horse like that, and then go out on a Bank Holiday on the Country Park where there are cyclists, joggers, fishermen and dog walkers. The other lady on the other horse was giving me black looks as well, don't know what they want me to do, make the dogs vanish in a puff of smoke
Having a butty, cup of tea, watching the news and then off to do the shopping. Weather is beautiful, sun is out and nice and war. Had my army jacket on, and boots, with a t shirt and trakkie bottoms, didn't need a fleece. Tomorrow is going to be a different story though
Zen is 10 months today, hasn't that gone fast
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >