View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

23-05-2004, 04:22 PM

What do you think of this idea... (and the surprise is...)

I was looking through the forums the other day and saw how much everyone loves showing off their piccies! Just got me wondering if you guys would like something like this...

As most of us have a thread in the 'your pictures' section, and as this is kind of like YOUR page, would you like the oppourtunity to make it official? What we could do is give you a web address like: www.dogweb.co.uk/YOURNAME

So mine would be like www.dogweb.co.uk/azz

And when anyone went to that address it would go to your page(/thread).

so clicking on www.dogweb.co.uk/azz would go to my page in the pictures section for Rocky...

It would be particularly useful to those of us who chat on other dog boards as we could then simply give out 'our' web address! Or we could simply say check out pix of my dogs here: www.dogweb.co.uk/myname

What do you guys reckon?
How many of you would use it if we did do it?
It will take some setting up so we need to know if it'll be worth it!

Chloe
Dogsey Senior

23-05-2004, 04:43 PM
Probably...its a good idea...but as I already have my own site so I might not use it as much as I should...but others probably would use it more....? Also a great way to drive traffic to this site
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2004, 04:48 PM
I think its a great idea.

I probablely just need to get it explained a little deeper. Is it "just" for our pictures? So we still chat together on this site?

Jeanette
Lizzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-05-2004, 04:51 PM
Sounds like a really good idea But wouldn't it be a LOT of extra work, considering how many members Dogweb now has? How would you access each persons page from the main index page? Would you click on the pictures thingummy and then get a list of people's names? If that was the case how would people know what sort of pictures they were going to view?..... Unless perhaps there wasa brief summary next to the person's name.

Sorry! Whose website is this again?!!!!!!!!!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-05-2004, 05:24 PM
I would use it, if it was easy to work. Im not very good computer wise
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

23-05-2004, 05:36 PM
Sorry! I should have explained myself better...

All it would be is like a page that Dogwebbers could say is their own, for eg, you know how some people have their own websites or webpages? Well these websites or webpages always have an address say for example: www.bbc.co.uk is the address for the BBC, basically you could your webpage address on dogweb like this: www.dogweb.co.uk/lizzy and when anybody went to that address it would go to your thread here on dogweb, so for example click on this: www.dogweb.co.uk/lizzy

if you click on the above link it will take you to Lizzys thread in the your pictures section where the pix of all her dogs are. Thats just an example btw, we could start a new section called 'Dogwebbers pages' (which would be like the 'your pictures' thread etc) where you guys could treat it like your very own 'homepage' (eg put what ever you want on there, say for eg sommin like, "HI and welcome to my page. Here's some info about me and my dogs..." etc

Does that make more sense?
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-05-2004, 05:38 PM
Yes count me in.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2004, 05:51 PM
Oh yes count me in too.

Jeanette