View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-03-2014, 01:04 PM
Helena - I was a bit late in getting in on the birdie identification band waggon but your other correspondents were correct in their positive IDs of it being a Wren - latin name Troglodytes Troglodytes Indigenus. It is however not our smallest native bird (this title neing disputed by the Firecrest and Goldcrest) but none the less a lovely little creature, and well done for saving it from the attentions of those pestilential moggies. With regard to your fears of ruining a feathered pregnancy this is unlikely as they are only just started on their courtship and the males build several nests and try and convince the local lady wrens to occupy one of them. It is not uncommon for a male to have several females on the go at the same time and to be the father of several broods (it would seem that they are not very moral). but who am I to judge? Also as the eggs are laid at a rate of just one a day and the shell doesn't harden till just before it leaves the bird the chances of any damage being done to an unlaid egg are minimal. They usually lay a clutch of about 6 eggs and in the rare event of them losing one would just produce another at the end of their laying cycle. So as you can see - no harm done. Sorry if I've gone on a bit. Bye fer now!
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2014, 01:12 PM
Afternoon all.
I hope the little Wren is ok now HELENA We had a goldfinch a couple of weeks ago fly into the window. It flew off again about an hour later.
Sounds as though you had a good chinwag with Helena LYNN. Hope you feel better now.
NIPPY I hope you & OH feel better today as well.
I expect you're back from the dentist by now MOYRA. Hope it went well & he managed to get that bit of tooth out.
Pity about the hair colour JENNY. Never mind it could be worse.
OH has gone storming out in a bad mood this afternoon. This morning he made a coffee & I said it was too early cos I was still cleaning up & not ready for a sit down & then after lunch as soon as I shut my eyes for a nap he puts the TV on & something on YouTube blaring away. When I said he always waits till I shut my eyes (it never fails) he blew up & screamed he can't please me today & went & got changed & got in the car. Just hope he's calmed down when he decides to come home again
Ah well worse things happen at sea.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2014, 01:34 PM
Afternoon

Aw Lynn, I hope you are feeling a bit brighter this afternoon. x We went to the pub at the weekend and it was lovely sitting outside but I did wonder how the houses next to it cope with all the noise. I hope yours won't be bad.

I hope the dentist wasn't too bad Moyra.

Oh dear Elaina, what a time you've had. Fingers crossed for Kacie's recovery.

Helena - What a dear little bird. I'm sure it was dazed, recovered and flew off.

No real news here. I have been busy today but nothing of interest.

I was so tired last night, I fell asleep after putting the kids to bed and woke up at 10.30 pm. I was really fed up because it was too late to start cooking a dinner so I went to bed hungry and in a bad mood.

See you all later.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2014, 01:45 PM
Hello all
Been out at childminders al morning, came straight in and took Rosie out. Not much sun here but quite warm today.
Now got music blaring out whilst I meant to be cleaning kitchen seem to have ended up on here. Liam gone out to see his mamar whilst dropping some stuff to store there, ready for his move from York to London ( with America trip in between). He moves out of his apartment on Easter saturday.

Right I best get on see ya all later
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2014, 01:54 PM
Morning all, Happy Monday!!!

Well everyone sounds busy busy busy!! Helena we get birds fly into our windows all the time here, mostly they are find and make a recovery and off they go, sometimes they don't survive the impact dangers of flying I suppose!

Well off to work in a few minutes.. not a lot exciting going on, had a nice weekend, got all my house work done YAY!! got to get the sheets in the wash as it looks like it will be a nice day so I can get them out on the line!! I can't wait for summer and reliable drying days!!

Be good everyone and catch ya laters xx
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2014, 02:30 PM
LYNNE ,never you mind,he'll be back with a bunch of flowers shortly
No hanging basket plants,too early
So I got BALLS!!
You know the kind,you clip them into shape..and two lovely pots as well.will take a pic when I have them potted
Ah ELAINE,what a week babe (( hugs))
Went into the shop and spent £15.07,give the lady the exact money and she handed me back £15 and moved on to serve someone else I got to the door then turned back,really wasn't right and I'd of had no luck with it I reckon.She was well pleased,they'd take the mistake out of her pay,she gave me a tiny little gold Lindt teddy bear Same as stealing really when you're aware of the mistake and me mother would have chopped my hands off for that,so I'm safe enough
Wee coffee
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2014, 02:53 PM
Anyone who would prefer not to see my BALLS,avert your eyes now

Will be taking the labels off,as soon as I read the instructions!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-03-2014, 02:57 PM
Afternoon Lynne OH will be returning soon hopefully with an apology.
Afternoon Linda meant to say well done to Carys yesterday for her prayer reading.
Afternoon Mandy and Debbie.
Afternoon Eileen very nice balls.

Sorted the fireplace think I'm happy with it now. Sheets didn't quite dry outside not very breezy and overcast so airing in the tumbler. Just the bed to make and hoover upstairs and I'm done for the day.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-03-2014, 02:59 PM
What lovely green balls you have Eileen Glad the wren has survived and I hope she has lots of potential daddies for her eggs and gets the nicest most handsomest one.
I've err....fallen in the river.... on my left side of course, was just going over a shallow bit trying to step on bits of large rock, and I slipped and went over, my first thought was phone in inside pocket, so got that out quick and put it in the pocket of my fleece on the right hand side, have got totally soaked, had to carry on to give Cariad and Lona some sort of a playtime, got home as soon as poss and clothes now in washer, but back hurting like the blazes, have wrapped phone in a fluffy glove, I daren't look - all my stuff is on there - and I don't have a landline phone I can hear, I know I should buy a landline phone but keep putting it off as they aren't cheap if you want the ones that are very loud. Having egg on toast and a cup of tea and going to take pain killers as things are not good as you can imagine
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-03-2014, 03:10 PM
Oh June big (((hugs))). I hope the phone is ok. Isn't putting it in rice meant to draw any moisture out.
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »