Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2013, 06:54 PM

Fractured claw.

Poor Tonks has had toe trouble over the past three weeks. Firstly swollen and very lame, then it seemed ok after treatment...until someone trod on it. Then she was after a few days lead rest but last night it was swollen and bleeding again with the claw at a really odd angle. So today she has had a quick op and the fractured claw removed. This is the second time she's done it!

Sad sack

Keeping it elevated. Lol

Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-03-2013, 06:58 PM
Poor Tonks - get well soon {{{vibes}}} and a gentle cuddle. xx
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2013, 07:04 PM
Thank you. It was a bit of a hectic day as my 2 year has chicken pox (hundreds of them literally), my 3 year old is possibly coming down with the, the dishwasher is broken, my partner is away until Thursday and Remus has never been without Tonks for more than a few hours. Everyone was feeling a bit fragile! Only when I got home did I realise the vets didn't send her home in a buster collar. She usually doesn't bother her bandages...but I might have to wipe a tiny bit of bitter apple on it before bed time...just in case.
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Oh dear, her face says it all really doesn't it?
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2013, 07:30 PM
aw poor Tonks, sounds like you've had a bad day. Put your feet up with Tonks!
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2013, 07:30 PM
Oh god I don't envy you 2 small kids with chickenpox I was going to say how good she was not chewing the bandage. Bless her and you, sounds like you'll need it this week x x
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-03-2013, 07:38 PM
I guess that is all you would need now, Tonks removing her bandage! As for chicken pox - my daughter caught just about everything going at Nursery School, and brought it home to give to my son. Still, it got him out of nappies at 19 months old because he, too, was covered and I was told to keep him dry. So I put my daughter's little knickers on him.

He went through 19 pairs of knickers that first afternoon [I had to borrow some from a neighbour] as he would not sit on a potty. In the end my daughter said "Mummy, the little boys at school go peepee standing up" - so I turned the potty upside down and stood him on it in front of the loo until he pee'd. He was so delighted that he kept saying "wanna peepee" and he was dry during the day from then on. Two days, or rather bedtime later he said "no nappy" so I put training pants on him and lifted him up to pee before I went to bed.

He did cause me some embarrassment for the first couple of weeks if we were out shopping though, insisting "wanna peepee" in crowded shops!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2013, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Anniebee View Post
Oh dear, her face says it all really doesn't it?
Yes Anniebee she has a very expressive face and expresses 'sad' very well. Little bottom lip sticks out too.

Originally Posted by skjerstad View Post
aw poor Tonks, sounds like you've had a bad day. Put your feet up with Tonks!
We're cuddled up on the sofa now. My two year old is being very stoical about the pox and looks mildly amused by the ones on her face.....but now they are on her scalp, in her ears and she has two on the inside of her eye lids and I think they are going to start itching soon.
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
Oh god I don't envy you 2 small kids with chickenpox I was going to say how good she was not chewing the bandage. Bless her and you, sounds like you'll need it this week x x
She amazingly good about everything really, she never really bothers with bandages and will stop sniffing it if you ask her to. I would take her upstairs to sleep so I can keep an eye on her but she is allergic to dust mites and has had to stop taking some of her itchy meds so she can take pain killers. She's already itching so it wouldn't be fair to make her itchier. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed!
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I guess that is all you would need now, Tonks removing her bandage! As for chicken pox - my daughter caught just about everything going at Nursery School, and brought it home to give to my son. Still, it got him out of nappies at 19 months old because he, too, was covered and I was told to keep him dry. So I put my daughter's little knickers on him.

He went through 19 pairs of knickers that first afternoon [I had to borrow some from a neighbour] as he would not sit on a potty. In the end my daughter said "Mummy, the little boys at school go peepee standing up" - so I turned the potty upside down and stood him on it in front of the loo until he pee'd. He was so delighted that he kept saying "wanna peepee" and he was dry during the day from then on. Two days, or rather bedtime later he said "no nappy" so I put training pants on him and lifted him up to pee before I went to bed.

He did cause me some embarrassment for the first couple of weeks if we were out shopping though, insisting "wanna peepee" in crowded shops!
Blimey! Ooo I have no plans to put her in pants though. I have enough trouble keeping tabs on when Remus needs to go. He would prefer to go in the conservatory/playroom as its warmer and almost the garden!
Shane
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-03-2013, 08:00 PM
Will the claw grow back?
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2013, 08:11 PM
Yes. I can't remember which one she did last time. It looks odd for a while as its just the hole where the claw should be, but it does grow back.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >